Need budget flash recommendations

swiftparkour94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a Canon user that shoots with my T3i and am looking to upgrade to the 5D Mark II and 7D in the future so the flash must be compatible with at least one of those models as well.

What I'm looking for (please note that I'm a noob with flashes because I particularly shoot wildlife and sports):

TTL
Swivel
Has a reach of at least 20+ feet
Can be set as a slave
Decent recycling time
Has available diffusers that fit it
Can support windows 7 or 8

That last part was a joke.
Budget: $75

Hopefully there is a good one out there for around that price range. I've looked but I want to be sure that I've looked hard enough.

If it matters, it'll be used for portraits, macro, and other misc stuff (don't mention the ring flash, I know about it).

Here is a picture of my cat Tigger

Attachments

• $image-1137498466.jpg
    $image-1137498466.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 149
I think he's letting you know that other than the used bin, that's about as cheap as you're going to get. BTW Derrel, that link was flagged by my software as "dangerous" and "known malware page".

if you dont care about ttl the YN 560 II is awesome

swiftparkour94 said:
That last part was a joke.
Budget: $75

The budget was the joke, right?

I think he's letting you know that other than the used bin, that's about as cheap as you're going to get. BTW Derrel, that link was flagged by my software as "dangerous" and "known malware page".

Well, we ALL KNOW that the B&H web site is dangerous to one's wallet, checking account, and credit cards!!!!

Well, we ALL KNOW that the B&H web site is dangerous to one's wallet, checking account, and credit cards!!!!

I learned that.... yes! ;)

Youngnuo 560. For that budget you should probably give up on the TTL.

I feel like the first flash shouldnt have TTL anyways, forces one to learn manual mode, I hear TTL can be dangerous if you dont know what your doing.

I learned that.... yes! ;)

I want your sig, teach me the ways

like everyone said, forget about TTL for that price....its not realistic

i have a couple sb-600 for my ttl on camera work but the other day i was looking at the nissins ttl flash and they seems like a good deal.

ghache said:
like everyone said, forget about TTL for that price....its not realistic

i have a couple sb-600 for my ttl on camera work but the other day i was looking at the nissins ttl flash and they seems like a good deal.

I've seen some TTL flashes online for this price range and even lower, of course their all off brand. I just wanted to make sure that I looked hard enough

swiftparkour94 said:
I've seen some TTL flashes online for this price range and even lower, of course their all off brand. I just wanted to make sure that I looked hard enough

Why not buy one of the ones you found if they have all of those features? Instead you acted oblivious to the existence of an all in one wonder flash (which I doubt you've found with all the features listed for sub $75)

And no, you didn't want to look hard... You wanted others to render suggestions for you.

Most reactions

Back