need harsh critique

beetle_slayer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
OK, lemme hear all your comments--good or bad. It's the only way to improve.
comet02.JPG

cometbw.JPG

I think the first one may be better if you used a polarizer to get rid of the reflection on the windshield.
So that's what happened to my car!

I like the composition of the first one, but the image seems a bit flat. I think some added contrast, and like Walt said, perhaps a polarizer would help give your b/w shots some snap to them.

First one is good, but there isn't much of emphasis on the car. There is equal attention on detail throughout the whole photograph, means you lack depth of field. You can take the photo with a larger aparture to improve on that. Looks like you used a wide angle lens, which can make it harder, but it's worth a try.

I used a 28-135 lens and I believe I was at 28 and i usually shoot wide open which is 3.5. How would I get better DOF?

the view feels restricted (tight borders, can't see around the car)

thats kind of good, makes me feel like the subject is one of those things that's so horrible, but you can't take your eyes off it.
looks a lot like something you might see in a good scary movie.

StvShoop said:
the view feels restricted (tight borders, can't see around the car)

thats kind of good, makes me feel like the subject is one of those things that's so horrible, but you can't take your eyes off it.
looks a lot like something you might see in a good scary movie.
WOW, different eyes see different things. I was taking the picture for a few reasons: I like cars, these are my grandpa's cars, and they have a sense of calmness and forgottenness (sp). I have another where the borders aren't so tight, but I think the point of view on this one is better--like a little more in your face. Maybe just scoot over a little bit?

Most reactions

Back