need help on composition of diagonal photography

junqi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dear all,
i was trying to capture model photos portrait diagonal and landscape diagonal. I somehow unable to composite correctly. The photo seems weird and i deleted away. can anyone advise how can i composition diagonal portrait photo and landscape diagonal photo.

Thank you.

It sounds like you're talking about wanting to shoot portraits with a Dutch Tilt. If so, it may look weird because it's not fitting. Dutch Tilt is a means of introducing a feeling of tension or uneasiness into a shot. If that's not what you're going for, or the subject, lighting and so on don't lend themselves to warranting that added tension, it will tend to look weird.

It sounds like you're talking about wanting to shoot portraits with a Dutch Tilt. If so, it may look weird because it's not fitting. Dutch Tilt is a means of introducing a feeling of tension or uneasiness into a shot. If that's not what you're going for, or the subject, lighting and so on don't lend themselves to warranting that added tension, it will tend to look weird.

i see quite a number of photos their diagonal photos seems to be nice. when i try to take it doesn't seem to be right anyway i can correct to fit in?

"Dutch tilt" or diagonal composition, or whatever you'd like to call it, is a technique in the same group as lighting from below (aka "Horror lighting) and selective colouring. They all have specific elements that they impart on an image, but in general are all used far too often and for the wrong reasons. The reason the images look odd (IMO) is because your brain knows that the scene wasn't on that angle. My suggestion would be to work hard and develop your knowledge of composition along traditional lines, and once you've done that, THEN try your Dutch tilt shots. In other words, learn the rules before you try and break them.

Most reactions

Back