need help PP possibly WB redish photos

pokopelo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello all, need some help i just got LR 2 installed, took these photos some time back but they came out redish, not sure if it white balance or what... i haven't played with LR yet, if someone could help me with steps to fix them, i would appreciate very much... here they are from my Flickr

also if you could give your opinion in why they came out like this, what settings should have been different to prevent this from happening

shot with D60, 35mm f1.8, WB auto, Manual

1. does not seem so bad
2. is very very red
3. not so bad but is definitely red at least in her face where there is some 'shadow'

5659735873_b77292a139_b.jpg

5660305558_9c4e78bbee_b.jpg

5659736313_c32c314b6d_b.jpg

Looks like the walls were some kind of rust color, were you bouncing flash? If so it may have bounced the color of the wall onto your subjects. ??
-
Shoot well, Joe

well it was just the background because there was a tent on top tan color, and walls on the right side was actually wood light natural color and left side was blue but mostly white squares, that is why i don´t understand why they came out very red, i did not use flash

Last edited:
Metadata would help, but alas, you choose Flickr.

Not sure about Lightroom, but in Photoshop I'd use the color balance tool.

I don't do much with Lightroom, but I believe it has the ability to set a grey point. In the first photo the pillar behind the young woman was likely painted grey.

I did these in Photoshop, I color balanced them first by setting a grey point (pillar in first photo and dark haired woman's hair in the 2nd photo). That improved both and then I just tweaked the color balance and saturation from there to a target value Hue = 18 (sRGB) for the woman who shows up in both photos -- right cheek.

Average healthy human skin tone (sRGB) will have hue values from the high teens to low twenties. These two young ladies I believe are very average in color. The woman who shows in both photos has a slight blush to her cheeks and so my target choice of hue = 18.

Take Care,
Joe

clr_bal1.jpg

clr_bal2.jpg

if you wanna keep the background untouched.

In photoshop,
Select both subject, create a layer with an inverted mask, set your reds or white balance accordingly

Most reactions

New Topics

Back