need help real quick. good price for nikon 85mm 1.8d

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is a 85mm 1.8d for sale here local. He is asking $280 but possibly if i could get it for $250 would it be worth buying?

OP
matthewo

matthewo

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes

Bossy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a general rule with electronics, they are worth half retail plus some. I usually check Adorama for their prices since they offer used as well, and their used come with a warrenty, so if the random seller is selling for close what Adorama is, I just buy adorama for the peace of mind. If its much less, then its worth the possible loss.

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
$250 is a good price for that lens compared to what they go for used on Craigslist in the Tampa area

OP
matthewo

matthewo

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
hmm, its $459 there, but i cannot find it used. there, i see one on ebay thats got a lot of bids and a day left its at $270 plus shipping. i guess im just going to go give it a try on my camera and probably buy it, he said he will take $260, sounds fair...

djacobox372

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
djacob372.deviantart.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
$250 is a very good price.

The best way to check prices of used items is to do a completed item search on ebay and see what they're actually selling for. The going price for an AF-D ebay now is about $350, the AF version sells for a little less around $250-300.

OP
matthewo

matthewo

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
just picked it up. its a great lens for its light weight, and feels very solid, much better then my old 35mm 1.8dx that felt kinda cheaply made

here is a little test picture, did some 100% crop views of it and its very sharp. this one is 2.8 1/200 sec, no flash, 100 iso. seems like it renders colors well, like natural when you give it a very slight bump with saturation and vibrance in post, as im shooting in raw with everything turned off.

85mm_test.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics