NEED Help! Thoughts? Thank you in advance...

And Thank you Steve, I just read your post, don't know how I missed it. It's nice that you followed through on your commitment. Hopefully anyone on this thread, if they ever consider donating will remember the perspective of how the customer will see it. I hope my rant could ultimately help.
I appreciate your opinion to walk. My husband and I will discuss.... I still say and have always said, the photo's are beautiful, she's very talented, no doubt about it. I hate to give her the money after what happened, but I'm going to put it behind me, and since the pictures are made, just probably get them. After all is said and done, I will have a friendly and eloquent conversation, if she will listen, on how I felt about this, and then thank her for her time, and I hope it will resinate. I know spending the $850 I pay her, plus probably whatever else I invest, will not feel great to spend, but it is what it is. I'm going to be the bigger person, cut my losses, and pay for a quality product, and not do business with her again. :/
Thanks Steve, and thanks to everyones reply's. They helped a lot.

And Thank you Steve, I just read your post, don't know how I missed it. It's nice that you followed through on your commitment. Hopefully anyone on this thread, if they ever consider donating will remember the perspective of how the customer will see it. I hope my rant could ultimately help.
I appreciate your opinion to walk. My husband and I will discuss.... I still say and have always said, the photo's are beautiful, she's very talented, no doubt about it. I hate to give her the money after what happened, but I'm going to put it behind me, and since the pictures are made, just probably get them. After all is said and done, I will have a friendly and eloquent conversation, if she will listen, on how I felt about this, and then thank her for her time, and I hope it will resinate. I know spending the $850 I pay her, plus probably whatever else I invest, will not feel great to spend, but it is what it is. I'm going to be the bigger person, cut my losses, and pay for a quality product, and not do business with her again. :/

Even though I advise against this, if you feel you must make absolutely certain you get everything in writing before you pay her a cent. Make certain everything you will be getting for your money is specifically detailed and that it is a properly signed contract before you hand her any money at all. Personally I think this is a terrible idea and something you will most likely come to regret, there are some people you just don't do business with and from the sounds of things she should be right at the top of that list. But if you absolutely must, make certain that you have everything spelled out in the smallest detail, and then plan on not getting what you want and having to spend some time in small claims court getting it sorted out so you can reclaim the $850. From what you've stated so far that is going to be the most likely outcome to this scenario.

I hate to give her the money after what happened, but I'm going to put it behind me, and since the pictures are made, just probably get them. After all is said and done, I will have a friendly and eloquent conversation, if she will listen, on how I felt about this, and then thank her for her time, and I hope it will resinate. I know spending the $850 I pay her, plus probably whatever else I invest, will not feel great to spend, but it is what it is. I'm going to be the bigger person, cut my losses, and pay for a quality product, and not do business with her again. :/

I'm at a loss. I am seriously, seriously at a loss. I guess I should allow for the possibility that you simply didn't understand what I wrote.

You're NOT cutting your losses if you spend $850.00 for photos. You're only cutting your losses if you walk away. You've stated that you're budgeting right now. Well, if you didn't factor $850.00 for photos into your budget, and you spend it anyway, you're blowing the bottom out of your budget.

You were gamed, plain and simple. You thought you were getting one thing, and it wasn't until you forked over $150.00 that you learned you were getting something completely different. I guarantee you that the photographer knew what you thought you were getting. The photographer knew it, and simply chose not to offer additional information. In my book, that's no different than here lying about it. It's a lie through omission.

I'll say this again: WALK AWAY. Take the tax deduction on the $150.00 and WALK AWAY. I don't care how beautiful the photos are. You're being reeled in under some dubious pretenses, and the worst part about it all is that you KNOW you're being reeled in, and you're simply letting it happen.

WALK AWAY...

I hate to give her the money after what happened, but I'm going to put it behind me, and since the pictures are made, just probably get them. After all is said and done, I will have a friendly and eloquent conversation, if she will listen, on how I felt about this, and then thank her for her time, and I hope it will resinate. I know spending the $850 I pay her, plus probably whatever else I invest, will not feel great to spend, but it is what it is. I'm going to be the bigger person, cut my losses, and pay for a quality product, and not do business with her again. :/

I'm at a loss. I am seriously, seriously at a loss. I guess I should allow for the possibility that you simply didn't understand what I wrote.

You're NOT cutting your losses if you spend $850.00 for photos. You're only cutting your losses if you walk away. You've stated that you're budgeting right now. Well, if you didn't factor $850.00 for photos into your budget, and you spend it anyway, you're blowing the bottom out of your budget.

You were gamed, plain and simple. You thought you were getting one thing, and it wasn't until you forked over $150.00 that you learned you were getting something completely different. I guarantee you that the photographer knew what you thought you were getting. The photographer knew it, and simply chose not to offer additional information. In my book, that's no different than here lying about it. It's a lie through omission.

I'll say this again: WALK AWAY. Take the tax deduction on the $150.00 and WALK AWAY. I don't care how beautiful the photos are. You're being reeled in under some dubious pretenses, and the worst part about it all is that you KNOW you're being reeled in, and you're simply letting it happen.

WALK AWAY...

Even IF you had $850 factored into the budget for photos, I *still* wouldn't give that $850 to someone under the circumstances you've described. Not EVEN for the best pictures ever of my kids. Just seems too much like a reward for duplicity to me. But, whatever.

WALK AWAY...

You will have to SHOUT louder she is deaf

Most reactions

Back