Need help...

Mercury149

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
picking a camera... I am looking at the Fujifilm Finepix S9000, and I dont want anything more expensive than $700. Any other camera suggestions our reviews on the S9000?

Sorry, I forget this is the wrong thread :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Save another $100 and get a Nikon D70 or Canon Digital Rebel? Ok, you don't want to spend more, but do you want to get more for a little extra?

Rob

I'm far from an expert on digitals, but personally if I was spending that kind of money I'd want interchangeable lenses, even if it cost a little more. The Fuji lens is not removeable AFAIK.

Ditto re: interchangeable lenses. I'm an acetate-and-chemical guy, so digital is something I know nothing about, but when it came to a TLR, there was only one to get, the Mamiya C series, because it's the only TLR with interchangeable lenses. You gotta have the freedom to make choices, and way better to have the modular camera than (frinstance in my case) spend thousands just to lug around 3 Rolleiflexes.

Just for the record, I handled a Canon digital SLR the other day -- very nice hand feel! :thumbup:

Do you particularly want it now? I'm only asking because even if the current range of digitals are good enough for you, they may be cheaper once the next generation comes out (which could be pretty soon). Having said that, would anyone better schooled in the dark arts of digital care to take a look in their crystal ball and tell us what's around the corner? Personally this is my main reason for not having bought a decent digital camera - I get annoyed enough with my computer equipment being rendered obsolete a month after I've got it :wink:

Hey thanks for the replies, I'll keep all of them in mind while looking (or waiting :lol: )!

Most reactions

Back