Need ideas... HELP!!!

Brooke83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am shoot a session tomorrow that involves a woman and her horse.... I need some ideas of poses or shots to take. Please help!!!

Thanks

Try to avoid this shot:

millieretard.jpg

Hey Brooke,

Do a google search for portraits of people/horses, and maybe you'll see some ideas. In my opinion, there is serenity and peacefulness about a calm horse, see if you can capture the connection between the horse and his rider. Is it for a personal portrait or a business thing for this person?
I recently saw a great photo of a woman brushing her horse and I really liked it.

Hmm...I have heard from my horse friends that there are some definate do's and don't for horse shots.

What do you know about the horse? Does the woman show it? Is it just her pet? What style does she ride?

Maybe try googling horse photography and see if you can find anything.

When I am doing something new, I try find pictures first. Not to copy, just to get my creative juices flowing on a particular subject.

I have found a great site that has shown me some great ideas.

This is a co-worker of mine so I want to make sure I get it right.

She has 2 horses and she says they would crawl in her pocket if she let them. I am just nervous about doing a good job because you can't pose animals.

Thanks guys and gals for your opinions... I will post some pictures when I am done!!

[Brooke83]
....she says they would crawl in her pocket if she let them.
That would be a great one! :sexywink:

I'd try capturing the bond between her and the horses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back