Need Lots Of Critique!! Need Some Good Critique!!

SlySniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
elvir.bravehost.com
Hey,

I need some critique on this picture. It will be entered in a contest. The catogory is Lonieness.

What do you think!

dsc00066768x5763xm.jpg

Thanks!!:thumbup:

Idea seems really well constructed, and I get what your getting at. I think I do at least! :D

But what I would say , is that without the tops of the trees or some sort of horizon line or stretching image into the distance, I get no sense of perspective and it seems like the bench is more just sitting in a lot of grass, than being isolated or alone in a great scheme of things.

Unless, you could go with the idea of it being lost in amongst too much clutter, but I dont think you are, seeing as the landscape is quite barren, but thats perhaps another approach you could aim for? With the back of the bench being the subject?

Doesn't express loneliness for me either. All I get really is a bench thats uninhabited, the bench is sucha mundane object and so basic you can't liken it to anythnig that could actually feel lonely.

Definately not a lonely picture. You need to analyse 'lonliness' to see what associations it brings up.
What you have is a picture of a bench in front of some trees. Benches are made to be sat on so the first thing you notice is that there is no-one sitting there. That gives a feeling of loss, emptiness or even sadness - but not lonliness.
If you'd had someone sitting on the bench in the right pose then you might have been on to something...

your pict doesn't mean loneliness,

mmm, let me think.....that chair is for 2 persons
maybe, you can put a guy, alone, in the edge of the chair

I am going to have to agree, but I think it is a start to an excellent image!

As CHRISTIAN2170 said, having one person alone on a bench would be excellent. Perhaps even add more to that, have someone walk infront of it with a baby carriage or something symbolic, with a long exposure, having them blurred but still recongniable. Or perhaps, another long exposure, with a lady standing behind the bench looking at him, him not noticing, perhaps representing the lonliness after loosing a loved one (?).

:D

Wow, thanks everyone. Now that you have mentioned all that. I have to agree. I dont know what I was thinking.

I'm probably not going to enter now. I'll try to get another picture for that subject. Maybe I'll use this one for another one. Who knows!

Thanks again!

Love you guys!! :)

What no one has mentioned so far is that this bench is also too new (shiny plaque) and too clean (no leaves on it) to suggest either the bench or the spot are particularly lonely places.

The idea of an unoccupied bench in the midst of a large area of park, land, meadow, wood, is a good one and you should follow that up. But you would either want to give the entire photo more room, so the bench would stick out as the only/lonely object even more, or you find a much "lonelier" bench, old, obviously not sat on for a long time, if you see what I mean.

Most reactions

Back