need some advice on cameras.....

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been looking and while i would be considered and amateur photographer Im thinking about getting into taking pro photos still as a hobby...so whatever that would make me. My question though is as far as dslr's go whats a good one.....what would be recommended. I have looked at so many and they all seem to have their own lil reasons they are good but im lost at this point....what i do know. I dont want to spend over 2,000 dollars. Also whats a good lens.....or lenses to get? The 2,000 dollars would include a basic setup not just body. Also some good websites for tips and tricks would be great. Any advice period would work....thanks

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I would break that $2000 up into 500-1000 for a body the rest for a lens/lenses.

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
You want a pro setup under 2k? Hmm, well you can buy a great D300 for a lil under 1800$ body only, then you'd have to buy a lens though. You could just buy a lesser camera like a D80 and get really nice glass for it.

Are you planning on indoor shots or outdoor? If you shoot indoors you will want a camera with a big sensor like a D300, if it's outdoors a D80 with really nice glass may work.

(when I say d300 and d80 I'm just giving examples, of course you should look at canon's too)

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Photos OK to edit
* go to a store and try out the bodies.... it is a very personal choice. There is no clear winner. You can do professional work with almost any of them
* You need to decide what type of photos are you going to be taken in order to even start considering choice of lenses.
* Are you new to DSLRs? Are you familiar with SLRs?

What do you mean "pro photos still as a hobby"? If you mean professional looking photos as a hobby, that is more the photographer's skill than the equipment used.

At that price point, you can do very well with Pentax's offerings. K10D is a very packed professional camera for very little money. I personally shoot with Canon but I'm not a big fan of the Rebels. Canon 40D is in your price range... 5D would be nice but stretch for your budget.

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been looking and while i would be considered and amateur photographer ......................................................................... The 2,000 dollars would include a basic setup not just body. Also some good websites for tips and tricks would be great. Any advice period would work....thanks

I just bought a package at Wolf Camera. $1600 for a Nikon D80, two lenses, ( Look at my signature ) three fliters ( glass ) two UV's and a polorized filter, came with a bag for free, and about another $200 for a tripod. The bonus is that I can take all of their photography classes ( 16 in total ) for free since I bought from them.

Tip of the Day.......buy the UV filters if for no reason that to protect your lenses....glass ones too....

Most reactions