What's new

Need some feedback on this picture...(IMPORTANT)

David A

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
472
Reaction score
8
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone...Today was my 1 year anniversary and I wanted to get a picture that would be great to frame and be given as a nice little supprise...Anyway, I'd love any suggestions on what I could do to make this better. I mean, I want a picture that is going to be great to look at and hang up that is really meaningful. Yes, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but most of the time majority rules. ;)

Anyway...here is my final production...critique the hell out of it if you can...

(It was a handheld...I know the background isn't very strong but I'm trying to focus much more on our faces...)

Thanks guys...you're the best.

 
In my opinion you should lose the writing.

Its a nice photo though. I'd prefer it as a black and white photograph but I don't really like sepia. I think it looks better if you use levels and set them like this:

levels6fa.jpg


Because your shirt and the belt look too alike. This brings out some of the folds in the shirt.

Assuming you have photoshop.
 
The little white spot in the upper left hand corner needs to go, it robs your attention.

Also your eyes seem slightly squinted. (I dunno if that's how you normally are ;)) If you aren't able to reshoot, just use photoshop to add a speck of light to the eyes. I think you know what I mean. It will give them 'life'.
 
Your girlfriend is hot.

Cute pic.
 
Nice to finally see you, David :)
What I would try to get rid of in this one is the hint of the outstretched arm.
While I know that it is a handheld self-portrait, I am not sure you want this fact come out so clearly in your frame (?).
And if there still is time for a reshoot, you might try to find a different location (different background), and you might try not to get the skin next to your eye moved by her head?
 
It's a great picture for what it is - a hand-held self portrait in a car!! Makes me think you can do much better with more favourable background and setting.

I didn't notice the seatbelt, but I did notice the arm and the little triangle of light on the top left hand side.

Rob
 
Nice shot. I like this ... but maybe lose the text or maybe smaller text will be better. Just my thoughts.
 
I agree it would look better in B&W, and I would bump up the contrast. And I would fade the background as well to highlight the two of you and deminish the distractions. The frames and title are distracting. Just concentrate on what is important, you two. BTW, you make a nice looking couple
 
David, as others have stated it may benefit the shot if it was B&W and definitely bump up the contrast. You may want to clone out that ugly guy out of the shot. Just joking, you guys make a beautiful couple.
 
For me the biggest problem is the skin around your eye is bunched up funny when her head rests on it. You both look great together though.
 
Pretty darn good for a hand-held-at-a-distance shot. i agree about adjusting the levels a bit to seperate the darks and lights a little bit.

Tuna
 
I agree with Mikal, what did you do to get her in the first place, hit her over the head with a lamp?! :biglaugh:j/k. I think the B&W idea is good. A little healing brush could help out on your right eye. I think if you are going to have a frame over it anyhow, engrave the frame if you want words and drop the frame on the photo. A little tighter crop could also help, ultimately its your decision. See what you like the most and the main thing is it should say this is from ME not this is from TPF :) She will be pleased i'm sure. Good luck, go gettum tiger.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom