Need some help finding a camera

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've been really interested in buying a Casio EX-F1 but they're pretty much scarce these days. I want it for super high speed photography. I've found new ones on Amazon for $2,500! New they sold for $1k or so... but I can't find one used anywhere.

I found (1) on eBay but it has a broke flash and with 15 hours left on the auction it's already up to $435.

So, does anyone know of a place I might find one?

Is there another camera out there that does high speed photography (60fps stills and 1200fps movies)?

I know Casio offers other lower priced models that do similar tricks but the quality of the video and still is substantially lower than the EX-F1's.

Quick question is it the FPS you need specifically or the ultra fast shutter response time? If the latter (if only partly) you might have luck with an old CD drive :
DIY external photographic shutter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm sure I saw the plans that he posted for that somewhere online but I can't find it now - might try dropping him a note - otherwise google might have some luck. Clearly though that is only a one shot/one trick setup as its still limited by the camera (which I believe is just set to bulb mode).

Most reactions

Back