need some prof information about those pictures....

[art]chitect

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
please, can anyone help me and give me some explaination about this shots?
about how to obtain those colors?
i guess some filters are used..... can you tell me which ones??
thanks a lot guys! (and girls)

x1pYi2hGOPWkU44lcvZuoSl9Mf6WAXh31-a6QwS0wIolUueh7Nppeaw56-zlayU85QQozivgiZ0pf2tOtohx_3Zt4X98785Iz-Ky2_h7qiXQbUZftqnTEF5KzNY307dCH8ZHKMjJrYQxAHZH9K3msv1ng

x1pYi2hGOPWkU44lcvZuoSl9Mf6WAXh31-a6QwS0wIolUs1g6-sen8fzy8S6tVnur1UphhjcMsOkwuHNjf7G-LRdr_hbcJBZHC4gTMl7nmwYxKcEFW-6fB927hZkeXtUZep3WttYHL60YPH4DpFm77_JQ

x1pYi2hGOPWkU44lcvZuoSl9Mf6WAXh31-a6QwS0wIolUsYoAbTHkP6wVH_1m6HVO0swdwC2Kur5tDb_TYLIUJAJfQ1DkICYnmxYA2C3ygBV20hpwbjhQ_UIETyaEyobAcay_IriW2ctPEDW28pCOdPrg
x1pYi2hGOPWkU44lcvZuoSl9Mf6WAXh31-a6QwS0wIolUueyDuy2-J8CVBGN9kvp1VeYd57TYTrwNeSYssGnlGczF6_CXkQ7PjHaGj0T6oRAZQnA6p93u4sU56QL135fXftSFEuyNzZTFT1Zw8E4_SzOA

hmmm, I'm only seeing little red x's here.... where are you linking from?

the first post works OK now - but not sure what you want to know about colours

well, these pictures don't have usual colors....
those with the people have like more "cold" colors, they seem more green...
i was wondering what kind of filter was used...

could just be a very poor quality scan of some poorly printed prints or a very cheap badly setup camera - do you know anything about the shots. I have seen this type of print from a disposable camera and sent off to some very cheap mail order processing.
the last one i think is just a very low powered flash shot

The thrid one you could probably acheive using levels. #2 Looks like a camera body flash. #4 Also looks like a camera body flash. #1 Looks pretty out of the box except if thoose walls where originally white, then maybe the white balance was set to be un-naturally cold.

Well, to me...#1 kinda looks like tungsten film shot in daylight, but it's more likely to be slide film cross-processed, and color-corrected when printed. Usually I see strong, solid areas of cyan...(like in the left of photo 1), and an overall greenish tint. Shots 2 and 3 DEFINATELY look like cross-processed slide film (you can tell by the very high contrast, and blown out highlights on their foreheads etc). X-processed negative films turn out as slides...lower-contrast, and often bluish.

The problem with cross-processing is that the results are very different depending on the brand/type of film you are using. See this link: http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/99/23/index3a_page4.html?tw=design

#4 (and maybe #3 also) could be just a very high contrast and highly saturated film like Agfa Ultra. Try that Agfa film out, I can assure you, that you will get results like that. In harsh daylight, it has a tendency to totally blackout shadow areas. I especially like the look of it with daylight flash on the subject, and flourescent lighting in the background (emphasizes the lime-green color) .

Just do an engine search (keywords: "cross processing"), and you'll see plenty of images similar to these. You might also be interested in this webpage: (http://www.quarlo.com) Lots of examples of cross-processed images (in the archive).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back