New Camera - New Garden of Gods Sunrise Photos!

ashfordphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my (new to me) Cannon Rebel digital last night and took it out to do some shots this morning. It's the stock EFS 18-55 lens, but I'm way happy with how things are turning out.

I would love to hear all feedback about the photos - good and bad. Speak your mind and make me a better photographer! Thanks. :D

newcameracanoneos004546546576.jpg

newcameracanoneos034e334565465.jpg

newcameracanoneos019fghgfhgf45545.jpg

newcameracanoneos14845546546.jpg

Well it looks like you're well on your way towards this landscape goal. One thing I think would really help these photos is a good polarizer and/or graduated neutral density filter to bring the sky back to a deeper color.

The 2nd one, especially, is very compositionally strong, and with the deeper sky would be an absolute framer/seller. Great work on these, and congrats on the new camera.

The camera came last night and I went out this morning before any camera shops opened - otherwise I'd have a polarizer on there. My old one didn't fit.

what does the graduated neutral density filter do?

Thanks for the encouragement and critique. My goal is actually to frame/sell around town (hopefully/eventually), so thank you for your comment!

Looking great! I've been to garden of the gods and didn't come out with anything nearly as interesting or beautiful.

When i come out to Boulder for school in the fall, we'll have to have a little local meetup. :)

Good luck with selling the landscape photography. I'm having a hard time finding a market.

Thanks midget! We'll definitely have to meet up - I'm sure you have lots to teach me since I'm new to the photo world.

In Boulder you'll be near Estes Park - my favorite place in the world so you'll have plenty of photo opportunities! Should be fun no doubt.

Good work! You sure live in a beautiful part of the world. The colorful sky in #1 is lovely, and the warm lighting on the rocks in #2 is gorgeous. Keep shooting and posting, as I'm enjoying your shots

The camera came last night and I went out this morning before any camera shops opened - otherwise I'd have a polarizer on there. My old one didn't fit.

what does the graduated neutral density filter do?

Thanks for the encouragement and critique. My goal is actually to frame/sell around town (hopefully/eventually), so thank you for your comment!

the graduated neutral density filter is clear at the bottom and slowly becomes darker to as you move towards the top, it's a way to keep the sky in check without changing the color at all, just the luminescence, and because it's not constant it doesn't make the ground any darker.

Those are all awesome shots! Im jealous, i wish i had mountains here and a Canon Rebel. Oh well...

Most reactions

Back