New Camera

Matt.H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this might be in the wrong place, but I am really happy so I wanted to post it. I got my "new" camera today.

You can see by my sig what lenses it came with. It also came with a 2x tele converter and a hard case. and to my surprise-- 4 filters, all the original receipts (I know, may not really be that interesting to anyone else but to me it is, especially since it was bought new and has the original owners name and all) Got it for $45 on ebay.

Heres the link for it, I forgot to resize before I put it up so it was huge on here so I decided to go with the link instead

http://www.elfpack.com/stuff/camera.jpg

Well, all righty now Mr. Matt... let's see what kind of pictures it takes... :)

I fully intend to! I just gotta figure it all out. It's my first film camera and its a little overwhelming to tell you the truth. I have read the manual and plan on reading it again. Just going to take it slow.

And yes, I do love ebay sometimes, other times it doesnt take much to hate it (but then again, most of the time its just some of the idiots on there that get on my nerves)

Congratulations!
Minolta X-series are great. Don't think you need to read the manual very much; just learn the two basics and start shooting with it. You'll love the experience of film photography, sure!

What would the 2 basics be If I may ask?

Congratulations and welcome to the Minolta Way! You're gonna love photography with your new camera - the X-700's are great and lotsa excellent C-H-E-A-P glass is available as well.

What type pf photography are you planning? Once you get a reasonable confidence with shutter speed, aperture and film speed you have a camera that can help you be as creative as you want to become.

Enjoy!

fm

Landscape/nature mostly. I would also like to "mess around" with portrait photography as well. I look forward to using it very often.

Most reactions

Back