New Forum for Nikon

I took a look at the Nikonians website and it also asked me for money and wouldn't let me view any of the pages without paying.

that's actually a recent change.

i became a member right before that...i didn't pay and I refuse to.

i don't think it's all that great of a board to be paying for. if the forum was even serviceably good - i could see paying a small fee for it - but its not. it's awful.

I took a look at the Nikonians website and it also asked me for money and wouldn't let me view any of the pages without paying.

that's just a nag page.... you can go right through that..

nikoncafe rocks... I go there for serious Nikon information.... The members over there are top notch.... but the humor... well.. it's a little dryer than this fine Forum....

At the very top of that splash page is says "TO CONTINUE WITHOUT REGISTERING. . .", all one needs to do is click through that link to access the forums. It goes away if you actually sign up to use the forums. I am a basic member, and even with their changes to the membership, that screen NEVER comes up for me.

that's actually a recent change.

i became a member right before that...i didn't pay and I refuse to.

i don't think it's all that great of a board to be paying for. if the forum was even serviceably good - i could see paying a small fee for it - but its not. it's awful.

You aren't just paying for the board; there are various perks that they have to offer. I personally have no use for them (as even if you don't subscribe you can STILL private message folks who are selling items, which is the only thing I need), but there are several people who do think it is worth it.

I am curious as to what makes the board awful. The color scheme I agree is lame to the max, and they haven't changed the board layout in years - but awful?

At the very top of that splash page is says "TO CONTINUE WITHOUT REGISTERING. . .", all one needs to do is click through that link to access the forums. It goes away if you actually sign up to use the forums. I am a basic member, and even with their changes to the membership, that screen NEVER comes up for me.

You aren't just paying for the board; there are various perks that they have to offer. I personally have no use for them (as even if you don't subscribe you can STILL private message folks who are selling items, which is the only thing I need), but there are several people who do think it is worth it.

I am curious as to what makes the board awful. The color scheme I agree is lame to the max, and they haven't changed the board layout in years - but awful?

I just felt like it was cluttered. For me,that's a big deal.

i wasn't trying to cause issues by any means. just another place to visit for nikon users.

Most reactions

Back