new forum

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by N.V.M., Aug 31, 2019.

1. snowbear

snowbear fuzzy-wuzzy Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Yeah -- not my area. That would be done by the real mods or the admins.

2. Original katomi

Original katomi No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Maybe there should be a section within wildlife just for birds. And maybe thou she who know what they are talking about could post a sticky at the start on the rules and laws on photographing birds.
    I for one like to photo birds but know there is a whole bunch of rules and regs in the uk. A quick ref as to what was and not allowed would help.

3. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    If you know good links and references for the rules and regulations by all means post them up in a thread and "report" it so mods notice as that is the kind of thing we can happily put as a sticky. Sadly a lot of wildlife regulation is often unknown or not specifically advertised to photographers as a market so many can be totally unaware. There's also that fine line between rules, regulation, best practice and sensible stuff.

4. Original katomi

Original katomi No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

That just my problem. I don’t know the rules and regs. My hope is that the twitchers will post that info country related, so that peeps like me would have an easy reference point.
    It would be kind of nice to know that some jobs worth is not going to trash my camera just because I am taking pics of some bird or nest.
    I take photos not bird watching, I don’t know the difference between a black bird and a crow. But I do see things that could be a good image.