New ... hello

Kate_616

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm new here. I have been getting more into photography as a hobby in the past couple of years. I shoot sports (my 13 year old is a baseball player), occasional portraits of family/friends, and landscapes / street photography (am a particular fan of Stephen Shore). I recently invested in a Nikon D7100 and have a 50mm 1.8 and the 55-200 Nikkor lenses. I also enjoy shooting film and have gotten a couple of film cameras on eBay (a Canonet and a Yashica mat) - they are both a lot of fun to use.

I'd like to learn more about the use of flash and get better at taking portraits, but right now am feeling a little stymied because everyone in my family is sick of having their picture taken! I also am trying to work on focus, that seems to be one of the biggest challenges for me particularly with baseball.

I look forward to learning more and reading here. Cheers.

Hey!

Plenty of people here with similar stories, and a large nikon crowd. Those sound like good lenses, and there is also a good film crowd here (I mostly shoot old Canon/Cosinas).

Focus with your DSLR? Or manual on the SLRs? If its fast action on the digital, use the nikon equivilent of Canon's AI Servo AF, I used that once for shooting moving horses approaching me at a race day and it worked out well. Might be appropriate for when the bowler is taking his shot?

Anyway, enjoy it here!

Greetings Kate!

Fellow Nikon shooter myself, so far I'm sporting the D5200 but will most likely be upgrading when the D7200 comes out (rumored to happen sometime this fall). In the meantime though pretty happy with the 5200. Looking forward to seeing some of your pics.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back