NEW Nikon D3100

njworley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I am literally BRAND NEW to photography, other then the little point and shoot camera I had in the army (horrible horrible pictures), middle of last week I won a Nikon D3100 with a Nikkor 18-55mm VR lens and a Nikkor 55-200mm VR lens through the VFW/VA as a way to get veterans out and about and doing stuff again.

So far I have been on a few different outings trying to get accustomed to taking pictures with a DSLR Camera, trying to learn what I can and looking for any advice.

thanks!

Congratulations on winning a very nice prize! My advice is to learn about shutter speed and aperture. These are the 2 most important settings, and they're not very hard to learn. Learn how they affect the image and how they relate to each other.

Welcome to the forum...and congrats on the camera. It is the same rig I have, and with a little reading it will produce excellently for you.

Thanks guys, I am really enjoying the Camera so far. Gotten some good shots (or at least what I consider good shots) of everything from landscape to ducks landing on the water, I am really amazed with how great the camera is. Makes me wish I would have considered this a lot sooner in life.

Most reactions

Back