New photo of my wife. C&C Welcome

climberusa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dreamtimemedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just shot this the other day. Did some post processing in PS CS3 and Camera Raw. I personally think it turned out great. I'd love to hear others thoughts opinions on the photo itself. Good/bad?

Thanks!

cortney1.jpg

It's not bad. You did well to keep her out of the harsh sunlight, but the glare on the right is kinda distracting. Mebbe re-shoot at a better hour?

If you think it's good, that's important. If she thinks it's good, that's what counts. I agree with Saltface's assessment of the light. Also notice that the area of her mouth is perhaps a little brighter than might be ideal. If you do reshoot, perhaps look for a more homogenous background, say a green hedge or similar? You've made good use of selective focus, but the area to image right is just visible enough to be a little distracting.

Thanks for your feedback everyone! I'm still very new to this as a more serious amateur. This was mostly a quick 'just because' shot and not at all planned.

I do see that the background is a bit distracting now that you say that. I think I have a bit of a tough time looking at my own photos with as critical an eye as I should, but I'm learning.

Cheers!

Thanks for your feedback everyone! I'm still very new to this as a more serious amateur. This was mostly a quick 'just because' shot and not at all planned.

I do see that the background is a bit distracting now that you say that. I think I have a bit of a tough time looking at my own photos with as critical an eye as I should, but I'm learning.

Cheers!

nice shot.

sometimes, uplanned shots are the best. post some more.

Ditto what everyone else said.

Gorgeous subject as well. I would say tone the smile down a tiny bit on her part though too much of her gums showing and less harsh lighting will help keep her from squinting as much and you'd get more of her eyes.

Overall nicely done though

Most reactions

New Topics

Back