New pics of my daughter C&C desparately needed

Kimberly81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am still trying to figure out all of these settings. I am trying to be more creative with my exposure and such, I kind of like the warmer photos, they seem to have an aged feel to them. What do you guys think? Any setting suggestions to get some neat photos?

2693812609_2b98c7ae88.jpg

2694627278_5d3d3d39da_o.jpg

2693811949_74fc2b9a76.jpg

2693811179_ab1fab3450.jpg

2693810929_e02e64a527_o.jpg

2693810517_e418fddf79_o.jpg

You have a beautiful daughter! You've done a great job here - however, on the second photo the colors are so vibrant they almost hurt my eyes. If you could tone it down just a little I think it would be just right! :)

I like the poses! the one thing though (maybe it's just me) But I'm not crazy about the way there cropped. I don't know if you shot it that way, or just cropped it that way. But in some of the shots the limbs/ head are cut off.

3: is cropped a little to tight if you ask me.
4: would be perfect if all of her hands showed not just 2 fingers.
But Like I said I don't specialize in this type photography so maybe it's just me.

I'll have a go
1) I like this one alot...I like the feel. Try it as a B&W? It might be tight but I like it here. Seems a little over processed (skin smoothing)
2) For me its too much. Too sharp, too bright, too blown out (highlights are blown)
3) freaks me out a little. She just looks too grown up. Too much skin smoothing, pose and make-up kind of not kidish, more teen-adult
4) I like this one the best. Its the most natural and age-appropriate. Maybe a little cool.
5) Cute, but too much space around here. I am not sure its a winner
6) Again too much PP work for a child

I'll have a go
1) I like this one alot...I like the feel. Try it as a B&W? It might be tight but I like it here. Seems a little over processed (skin smoothing)

Thanks for the comment, I will try a BW. I did not smooth her skin in any of her photos, she doesn't need it since she is only 6 and has great skin.

2) For me its too much. Too sharp, too bright, too blown out (highlights are blown)

This one is off quite a bit, I think I over experimented with my settings.

3) freaks me out a little. She just looks too grown up. Too much skin smoothing, pose and make-up kind of not kidish, more teen-adult

Again, I did no skin smoothing, and the only makeup she has on is some mascara and lip gloss.

4) I like this one the best. Its the most natural and age-appropriate. Maybe a little cool.

Thanks, I love this one also.

I wanted an airy care free feel to this photo which explains the space around her.

The only thing I did to this last photo was unsharpen mask and saturated the colors a bit.

Thanks for all of the comments :)

Wonderful pictures! C&C per req:

1. Crop is too tight, and colours not quite right.

2. Nice pose. At least one stop over exposed, extreme highlights, and WB much too warm.

3. Again cropped too tightly, and with wasted space image right. WB slightly too warm again.

4. Very nice pose, good WB/exposure, however don't like the cropped hands.

5. Wonderful!

6. Perfect, except for the cropped right hand.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I'll have a go

Thanks for the comment, I will try a BW. I did not smooth her skin in any of her photos, she doesn't need it since she is only 6 and has great skin.

This one is off quite a bit, I think I over experimented with my settings.

Again, I did no skin smoothing, and the only makeup she has on is some mascara and lip gloss.

Thanks, I love this one also.

I wanted an airy care free feel to this photo which explains the space around her.

The only thing I did to this last photo was unsharpen mask and saturated the colors a bit.

Thanks for all of the comments :)
This is why I stopped giving C&C, I wished I had kept it up.

This is why I stopped giving C&C, I wished I had kept it up.

What is wrong with the responses that Kimberly81 gave to your replies? I don't see any rudeness at all. They accepted the comments and gave explanations for certain things. I've seen your various comments around the site and you seem to get upset really easily. I usually don't speak up, but in this case maybe it would be better if you did stop giving C&C.

Anyway...

#3 is actually my favorite out of the series. I really love the warm tones you've got going on and the sharpness in this one is great! Maybe it is cropped a tad too tight, but I think the cropping also adds a dynamic element to it that makes it pop.

You are blessed to have such a beautiful model at your disposal.

Ajay, I stopped giving C&C because people want a pat on the back, not a fresh eye. Not one comment from the OP took my comments as genuine. It was nice enough but she might as well said "thanks, but you are wrong". Which is fine. I just dont feel like wasting my time on it anymore.

I actually rarely get upset, and this is not the case here either. I had intended to say more but 2 screaming toddlers and my post came out a little curt.

Ajay, I stopped giving C&C because people want a pat on the back, not a fresh eye. Not one comment from the OP took my comments as genuine. It was nice enough but she might as well said "thanks, but you are wrong". Which is fine. I just dont feel like wasting my time on it anymore.

I actually rarely get upset, and this is not the case here either. I had intended to say more but 2 screaming toddlers and my post came out a little curt.

I agree with you on that one. Seems like she argued with you more than anything.

??? I'm confused...I have to agree with Ajay, it looks to me like she read your comments and was simply explaining her intentions with the shots. She actually agreed with you in at least 2 of her replies, and explained that she did no skin touch-up. Definitely not something to get defensive about.

Regarding the shots, overall, they look well exposed, but the composition needs work IMO. #3 she looks like she's cramped in a little box, and hands and fingers are cut off in a couple. For example in #1 it looks like she is really focused on something in her hands but we can't see what it is.

What is wrong with the responses that Kimberly81 gave to your replies? I don't see any rudeness at all. They accepted the comments and gave explanations for certain things. I've seen your various comments around the site and you seem to get upset really easily. I usually don't speak up, but in this case maybe it would be better if you did stop giving C&C.

Anyway...

#3 is actually my favorite out of the series. I really love the warm tones you've got going on and the sharpness in this one is great! Maybe it is cropped a tad too tight, but I think the cropping also adds a dynamic element to it that makes it pop.

You are blessed to have such a beautiful model at your disposal.

I realize that I am extremely new to photography, and I believe that photography is 50% technique and 50% creative eye. I am still very much working on both elements. Thank you for your comment, you are right, I intended no rudeness at all. Simply explaining what my ideas were with the shots and explaining that I did no skin smoothing. Thanks again :)

Like someone said, I agreed with some of your C&C, I was simply trying to convey my creative ideas with some of my photos. I never asked for a "pat on the back" as you can see with the title I gave my thread. And, for the record, thanks but you are wrong about the skin smoothing LOL

I agree with you on that one. Seems like she argued with you more than anything.

If you knew me at all you would know that that was not arguing. I can be a real pill when I DO argue. I simply gave some explainations for some things and agreed with some of my mistakes.

??? I'm confused...I have to agree with Ajay, it looks to me like she read your comments and was simply explaining her intentions with the shots. She actually agreed with you in at least 2 of her replies, and explained that she did no skin touch-up. Definitely not something to get defensive about.

Regarding the shots, overall, they look well exposed, but the composition needs work IMO. #3 she looks like she's cramped in a little box, and hands and fingers are cut off in a couple. For example in #1 it looks like she is really focused on something in her hands but we can't see what it is.

My composition seems to be hit or miss, I have a few really great shots and countless others that seem to have no real rhyme or reason. I am always looking for pose suggestions so if you have any I would love to hear them so I can become more consistent. Thanks for the comments :)

wow your daughter is BEAUTIFUL AND PHOTOGENIC, lucky

she looks too serious in photo 4 i think...that is why i do not like it that much, but the others ones are great

in photo 6 the brown blotch (tree or something) is a bit annoying..you should maybe remove that

Most reactions

Back