New sub-forum suggestion

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the "Photo Galleries" section of the forum, would it be possible to add a Macro forum?

I think there is enough macro work on here to justify it having it's own special place...

I think that's a great idea. I have been thinking about buying one, and if there were a specific forum that would be awesome.

You should get one. It will open up a whole new world to you.
And, BTW, you can still use it for non-marco things as well.

The trouble is, Macro forums only benefit Canon shooters because Nikon basically ignores the macro lens market. :x

Nikon has a few macro lenses, don't they?

Even if they don't - there's enough Canon shooters on here to make it worthwhile.

There was a thread not too long ago about this. A lot of people agreed, but it seems to have been largely ignored by the Powers That Be. I would definitely put in a vote for a macro section.

The trouble is, Macro forums only benefit Canon shooters because Nikon basically ignores the macro lens market. :x

:er:

Probably one of the best macros ever made.....

105mm.jpg

Yeah...... and the one I bought sucks too.

dragonfly4.jpg

:lol:

yah we did this a while ago- sadly I think the site owners never got things moving - another try is never bad :)

as for canon and nikon -bah Canon only has the MPE65mm nicness - and so far I don't recall any TPF memebers owning that lens (least I haven't seen many shots with it here) and plus Nikon have one of the best flash setups ever - gah I am jealous of you twinlights - where you can just ad more and more lights!

And besides - aside from the MPE for silly macro stuffs any good macro shooter uses a sigma lens anyway ;)

course if Canon made a macro lens with IS (or VR for nikon heads) gah it would be a dream!

EDIT !!!!!!! gah when did you get so good with that lens -- fantastic shot!

yah we did this a while ago- sadly I think the site owners never got things moving - another try is never bad :)
Maybe they'll check in on their forum this time...
I haven't seen a mod or admin on all day...
Canon only has the MPE65mm nicness - and so far I don't recall any TPF memebers owning that lens

...One day.

I still kick myself for letting someone talk me out of it...

I WILL have it by Christmas...

Last edited:

And the only two camera companys that people use here are Canon and Nikon...

But yes, I'm for a macro section.

Maybe they'll check in on their forum this time...
I haven't seen a mod or admin on all day...

admin no, but Christ of Arabia is often around as to is BigMike - heck BigMike puts in a lot of effort in advising new members all the time that I see.

I think its important though to not let this thread get sidetracked - we know there are some areas of the managment that we as members would like changed, but I think that is a separate topic - lets keep this for the bugs and the creative (since macro is far more than just insects)

lets keep this for the bugs and the creative (since macro is far more than just insects)

Yes. We need a macro forum!

It must happen. There is no other option.

Every other photo forum out there has a macro section, why shouldn't we?
I sometimes feel that my macro shots get buried amongst the hundreds of "general" threads in the gallery section... We need a place to showcase our marco work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back