Tyler Durden
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jul 10, 2009
- Messages
- 67
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Post Graduate Traveler
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I have been interested in photography for over 3 years now. I studied abroad in Rome and my roommate had a canon 20D or 30D (whatever was top of the line at the time). Whenever we traveled around Europe he always had his camera and I realized the importance of taking pictures of your travels and taking pictures in general. For the rest of my college career I dabbled with point and click cameras and even signed up for a class at my university only to drop it after finding out it concentrated on only film cameras (for some reason I do NOT want a film camera). After I graduated I bought a van and drove around with my husky for a month. I knew this was a perfect opportunity to buy a nice camera and bought a used cannon XS with the 18-55mm lens I found on craigslist for $400 (only 100 clicks). Now the trip is over and I’m teaching English in South America taking pictures every day. In a nutshell this is how I ended up posting in this forum with a great appreciation for the art of photography and wanting to learn how to truly take great pictures.
The question I have is would it be advisable to upgrade? I have my eyes set on the 40D. Being that I am in South America right now I could easily get $400 USD out of my camera that now has 2000+ clicks. I have been checking out ebay and found a couple nice 40D's in the $850 range with its stock lens. I plan on traveling a couple of years before I head back to grad school and I need a camera that can handle itself both physically and photo wise. Any suggestions? I will post a couple of pics and C+C will always be welcome. Also, I love pictures with the saturation bumped way up, may be a newbie thing???
Thanks for checking out my post and I hope to learn alot here!
Edit- being a typical newb....
Chris

The question I have is would it be advisable to upgrade? I have my eyes set on the 40D. Being that I am in South America right now I could easily get $400 USD out of my camera that now has 2000+ clicks. I have been checking out ebay and found a couple nice 40D's in the $850 range with its stock lens. I plan on traveling a couple of years before I head back to grad school and I need a camera that can handle itself both physically and photo wise. Any suggestions? I will post a couple of pics and C+C will always be welcome. Also, I love pictures with the saturation bumped way up, may be a newbie thing???
Thanks for checking out my post and I hope to learn alot here!
Edit- being a typical newb....
Chris

Last edited: