New to the form!!

artme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please be gentle!!:mrgreen:

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this request but I have to start somewhere.

Intend to get rolling with some bird and flower photography in the near future. My
wife has decided to join the local camera/photography group and learn from them.
I will join in when time permits.

In the meantime I have a pressing problem.
We are involved in a court case, chasing money. Part of our evidence is a set of photos downloaded from
Google Earth. There are both aerial and street view photos. I want to "clean these up" so that the clarity
is much better for identification of salient features.

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem/

Many thanx, artme.

I'm not a lawyer, but I wouldn't recommend "cleaning up" any images you're using in a court case as they would be considered doctored or adjusted, and that - it seems to me - would hurt your argument.

Open Google Earth.
Click on Help > License

2. Restrictions on use. Unless you have received prior written authorization from Google (or, as applicable, from the provider of particular Content), you must not:
(b) copy, translate, modify, or make derivative works of the Content or any part thereof;

I hope your evidence is admissible. Good luck with your court case. :thumbup:

Welcome to the party! Sounds like you could use a drink! What's your poison? :mrgreen:

Thank you people.Especially for the warnings about Doctoring.

These photos have already been submitted as evidence and I intend to seek direction from the judge before doing anything.

As for a drink, I have eclectic and somewhat expensive tastes that I can't afford!!

Very partial to good reds, good rum, and good Scotch. Some whiskeys are also OK.

Mostly I drink good beers, but I am not a heavy or even regular drinker.

Cheers,artme.

I'm not a lawyer, but I wouldn't recommend "cleaning up" any images you're using in a court case as they would be considered doctored or adjusted, and that - it seems to me - would hurt your argument.

Not necessarily. Edited, that is a no no. You never remove, change, add, or distort any sort of artifact in the photo. However, adjusting basic things such as contrast, brightness, etc is permissible, just as it was back in film days when printing photos. You are not adding or deleting any detail, just making it easier to see. And you always keep the original digital file just as we used to always keep the negative.

Most reactions

Back