some pics of my lurcher

ayr024.jpg

walk004.jpg

flashsky042.jpg

flashsky029.jpg

Honest opinions please

thanks

Hi again, Kevin.

Of these four photos of your dog I like No. 3. I like your POV (point of view) ... looks like you are a fellow dog looking in the same direction as he does, as you went down to his own height. I like that!

Exposure of the beach photo was tricky and very difficult to manage, but I like the idea of a silhouetted dog against the sunlet, wet beach which (and that makes exposure so difficult) reflects that sun, which - to add to the difficulties - is against you. But maybe one day you have the chance to be there later in the day when the light is less harsh?

A pity that you cropped off his paw in Photo 2, he looks very alert in that one, and compositionally you could have played more with that fact, I think, mostly so in kneeling down and getting to his level.

The last one is quite busy, so much going on in the background, it distracts from your beautiful dog. The photo is sharp from front to background, I guess you had your camera on AUTO, it realised that light was bright, very bright, and went for the smallest possible aperture, which gives you deepest DOF (depth of field), in other words: everything is sharp and in focus. Which gives everything in your photo the same value: dog and background alike.

WOW that is a neat dog. My three year old says - look how he is big! lol
I played again with these although they were nice the way they are. Nothing says these make them better but I just love when people show me ways to do mine that are different from what I did.

I added sharpening to make the sand look more detailed and I played with the highlights so you could see what was in the distance a little clearer but I think I screwed up cause now the dog is very dark and that was your subject! I'm learnmg still. :blushing:
ayr024.jpg

Untitled-Duplicated-05.jpg

walk004.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back