Newbe from GR MI

duehew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I use to use a Minolta XG7 and have been away from photography since about 1990. I have in the last few months purchased a Nikon D3200 with the typical 18-55 mm and 55-300 mm lenses. I have also purchased a 2X Teleconverter which I use occasionally. I usually take photos at car shows, and scenic photos. I have also dabbled with statue photo taking.

I am trying to get out of the auto mode by using shutter priority mode. Hoping to get better and having fun experimenting.

Du

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the form.

Roger

welcome.
unless you are shooting moving objects, shutter priority seems the wrong auto function.
for most non-moving or slow moving subjects you want to manage depth of field and f stop ( so your lens is at its best aperture for sharpness), aperture priority would seem to be a more productive mode.

Welcome.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

welcome.
unless you are shooting moving objects, shutter priority seems the wrong auto function.
for most non-moving or slow moving subjects you want to manage depth of field and f stop ( so your lens is at its best aperture for sharpness), aperture priority would seem to be a more productive mode.
Thanks for the input, I will work on that.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back