Newbie from North Carolina

kid vishus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good day all. Just thought I would stop in here and give a brief introduction. My name is Rob (I may explain the on screen moniker later), I am 39 yrs old, divorced, and live in rural Orange County, North Carolina where I moved after spending the first 32 yrs of my life in rural Iowa. I'm an avid drag racer (build, maintain and race my own mustang), father of 2, have lived with a wonderful woman for the past 6+ years (she's also a racer), work for a clinical trial research facility, and have always had an interest in photography but never really pursued it. A couple of yrs ago my grandfather passed away. He was always able to take some pretty amazing pics with his old Minolta SRT2002. So after he passed away, I asked for and was given that camera along with all 3 of his lenses. I have yet to figure out how he was able to take such nice pictures. Mine always look "grainy". So much for having natural talent.:er:

I do own 2 digital cameras, more of the point and shoot variety (more up my alley.) The first one I purchased is a Fuji A210. After a couple of years, I decided I wanted something with more options, but not a full blown SLR (wouldnt know what to do with it plus it's out of my price range.) So I purchased a Fuji S1000fd. It seems to be a pretty nice camera and has taken some pretty nice photos for me so far. Plus it wasnt terribly expensive.;) This camera still has more capabilities than I know what to do with.

So far the majority of my digital pics are from the racetrack. I have started to branch out and take some more "artsy" pics lately. I'm sure I'll get brave and post a few in the other forums and see what kind of advice I can get.

Anyways, that's probably enough for now. If there is anything you want to know, fire away.

Hi Rob, welcome to TPF.

Welcome to TPF from another Tarheel. I live outside of Raleigh.

If you pull back on the reigns of the racing, you might be able to afford that dSLR. :lol: But having two expensive hobbies is tough. :lol:

Hello Rob, and welcome!
icon_hand.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back