Newbie from West Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by legacyphoto, Jun 11, 2017.

1. legacyphoto

legacyphoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey Everyone,

I am 41 years old and use my camera everyday to perform building inspections for insurance purposes but have decided to get into photography as a hobby and I am really new to this. I actually would like to get into film photography since I use a digital camera everyday. Specifically black and white photography is where I currently find some interest so I purchased a Canon FT QL and will start my venture in this hobby with this camera for now. Any tips, books or guidance will help and I would be very much grateful. Hope I am able to be supportive to a newbie one day. Thanks for reading.

Victor

2. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Welcome - Luckily it's still fairly easy to do Black and White these days. Nice thing about the old film gear is its getting cheaper. When I shot film it was mostly slide. I did my own processing. Still could do it today, but chemicals are now hazmat and cost more to ship, and not as easy to buy. Also with B&W there are home remedy chemicals that work if the commercial market dries up.

Not sure about sponsors of this site or the big stores. But I do know ultrafineonline.com still carries a good selection for film buffs.

3. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

BTW - I lived in Boynton Beach for 5 years. Flew out of PBI for work all the time. Loved the winters, dreaded the summers.

4. legacyphoto

legacyphoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for the reply and guidance. Much Appreciated.

5. legacyphoto

legacyphoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am originally from NYC and have lived here, WPB, for 14 years and have already talked to the wifey about moving out of this state and perhaps move back up north but not back to "The City". Reason is because of the heat. Like you said, Horrible!! It was already in the 90's in March. Anyway, thanks for the reply again.

6. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

Welcome!