*~* Newbie here *~*

clee27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon EOS 10D.

I have taken pictures for awhile but ... mostly been running on "talent" which is very very very bad I know! I'll admit it! But I didn't ever really think I'd do more in photography than just mess around. But long story short....I have a "photo event" at a restaurant!!!

I'm really excited but I need a quick fast tutorial on how to take pictures in a "dim lit" dark room area with the stupid camera flash and no tripod!!!!!

I have no money to get a real flash! Can anyone please help?
Also, not to mention they are African Americans, great friend of mine and I want the pictures to come out correctly and make sure that I don't "over expose" the picture or what not!

Please help! Any links, tips, ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated and if I posted in the wrong section...I apologize! Thank you for reading! xoxoxooxox

Not sure if this will help. You might find a link that will help out.

Can you beg, borrow, or rent a flash?

Not sure if this will help. You might find a link that will help out.

Can you beg, borrow, or rent a flash?

Unfortunately nope! I am new to this area and I don't really know anyone!
As for renting....I think that's out of the question! =***(
AND thank you for the link i'll check it out! xoxoxo

Sell the 28-105, there's no reason to have it if you have the 28-135, with that money, get yourself some sort of a tripod.

Sell the 28-105, there's no reason to have it if you have the 28-135, with that money, get yourself some sort of a tripod.

yeah it seems to just sit around the house >.<
thanks! I'll try! What's a good price to sell it at?

200 or 300 maybe. With $300 you can get a pretty good tripod.

200 or 300 maybe. With $300 you can get a pretty good tripod.

Should I really get a good tripod(any suggestions?!) or a FLASH!!!! Which I'm in dire need for! xoxoxoox

for $300 you could get a semi decent tripod and a 430EX flash im sure...

I'll say this again, go used! $300 will get you either a decent set of legs or a decent head on the new market, but $200 on the used market should get you into a nice Bogen/Manfrotto or maybe a "pro" Velbon. $100 should buy a decent used flash.

Taking on an event without all your equipment lined up = nightmare...I made that mistake once.

If you can find a flash you might be able to get away with no tripod...depends on your definition of "dim"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back