Newborn C&C

mrshaleyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took some pictures of my friends baby the other day. I'm no pro, still learning. Just thought it would be fun. C&C appreciated.

Madi-13.jpg

2 (i know the wing is clipped)
Madi-11.jpg

#1 - I like that you incorporated the name plate on the uniform...a definite keeper for the father/mother. A bit soft in the eyes, but not bad overall.

#2 - It's great, seen the idea/pose several times and it works each time, however...maybe take the diaper off next time? (I think that's a diaper I see back there, the big lump of white cloth) The wing covers the kid-bits, so no worries there, but the diaper kills the "V" in the wings and leaves the left wing looking unusual.

Just my $0.02

#1 - I like that you incorporated the name plate on the uniform...a definite keeper for the father/mother. A bit soft in the eyes, but not bad overall.

#2 - It's great, seen the idea/pose several times and it works each time, however...maybe take the diaper off next time? (I think that's a diaper I see back there, the big lump of white cloth) The wing covers the kid-bits, so no worries there, but the diaper kills the "V" in the wings and leaves the left wing looking unusual.

Just my $0.02

+1.
I think that's one of those "diaper covers"...but still, bare baby butt would have Definitely been the way to go. #2 is just precious, wish the picture wasn't so close, or cropped.

#1 Clean up the skin. Wait it out next time for baby to not be making a face - what he/she is doing with his mouth is an "in between" look - shoot again until baby has a peaceful look, and mouth looks relaxed.

#2 As said, don't use disposable diapers in photos. Diaper cover or bear butt is the way to go. Also, while black background is fine, may want to consider using light with the wings - right now, you have bright white on black which is mixing your keys. You can do that, that's fine, but in t his case lighter background may have softened the entire look. Also, when black is used when baby is on belly, it tends to look "floaty".

+1.
I think that's one of those "diaper covers"...but still, bare baby butt would have Definitely been the way to go. #2 is just precious, wish the picture wasn't so close, or cropped.
Perhaps you missed the memo that nude/NSFW photography is no longer allowed!

On a more serious note, I do agree with what has been said. Also work on the focusing. They're not so soft that they're unusable, but it does bother me a bit.

Good shots and keep practicing!

Most reactions

Back