zombiesniper

Furtographer Extraordinaire!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorbaldwin.space
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Due to whiteout conditions where we shoot snowys, we decided to try something new.
Here is a frozen bubble.....or five.
Frozen Bubble by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

Then when they pop it's not quite the same. They're more like a ballon skin exploding.
Bubble explosion by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

add a little colour and you get bubble fire.
Bubble fire by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

All in all a pretty fun project.
We will have to revisit this one when it gets colder. It was only -6C so it was taking a bout 30 seconds for them to freeze. Plus just wondering if they will eventually become more rigid once the temps get down to -20 or -30C

Very nice!

Plus just wondering if they will eventually become more rigid once the temps get down to -20 or -30C
Nah... they will just set up faster, IMO. The thickness of the bubble will be the same, so I don't think it will be any different in strength.

Agree they won't be stronger but they may hold shape better since they would be less flexible, although it will make them more brittle.

Nice! I have been thinking of trying this as well if it ever gets cold enough here this winter.

Sent from my SM-N915T using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Thank you.
We used four pieces of black foam board. One for the floor and 3 walls. This gave a great black background and aided in blocking any small breezes from popping the bubbles to early.

I've seen pics of frozen bubbles before and I quite like them. But, the popping bubbles are awesome! Thanks for sharing

Cool! very interesting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back