Next step from D5100?

michael_cell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I've been shooting with my D5100 body for over a year now.
My D5100 is my first Nikon body, I had some very fun and interesting shoots with it!
My question would be, what body would you recommend for me to purchase next!

My next chapter in my Nikon life is open for suggestions!

I have a d5100 too and I'm going to wait and see. They just came out with a 36MP D800 and 24MP D3200. I'd like to see where the D300 and D7000 end up with all these upgrades. (JMO)

I have my eye on the 3200, but then again it is still entry level.

What do you think about theWU-1A adapter?

I'm really waiting to see what they do with the D300S and the D7000

D400 soon to be announced

I'm on a d3100 and thinking of picking up a uses d700 to get me the low light full frame body. But if the rumours of a d700e are true I may wait for that.

Nikons are upgrading too fast for me to keep up with these days.

If I had a good selection of FX compatible lenses, I'd upgrade to the D700 or D800. If I didn't, I'd acquire a good selection of FX compatible lenses before even considering a second body.

Lenses are far more critical than an upgraded body. Save until you get yourself several FX lenses that cover the type of photography you do. Only when you have great lenses is there any reason at all to update from the perfectly adequate D5100...

A whole year! I'm in the "upgrade or expand lenses before body" camp, however:

1. What do you need to do that the D5100 can not allow you to do?
2. Which body will allow you to do this?
-- your answer.

Or you could just get the D4 and the D800 and be set for a couple more years.

Yeah lenses have always been my priority!
I would like to get a full frame body, which the D5100 is not.

Do any of you have reviews on the D3X?

IF you will be going to FX be sure you will have money to buy $2000 lenses..because you can not use DX lenses on them, well you can but you will drop down MP and whats the point of having an FX body with DX lenses...just saying.

Why does everyone seem to feel the need to upgrade their camera on an annual basis?

I had my D40 for nearly 5 years before I changed and I only changed it because I unexpectedly had the opportunity to do so. If the opportunity hadn't presented itself, I'd still be happy with it now!

What can't you do with your D5100 that would be able to do with another camera? At what point when using your D5100 do you think to yourself , "If only I could [insert limitation here]..." and what is that limitation?

Why does everyone seem to feel the need to upgrade their camera on an annual basis?

If the funds are available then go ahead and upgrade to your heart's content. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I'm in the invest in good glass camp.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back