Nicolo

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I met Nicolo after we matched on Tinder and he's quickly become my favorite person to photograph.

These are from two different shoots. All shots captured in natural light. You may not edit my photographs.

EOS 6D
135MM @ F/2.5
1/320th sec
ISO 400
_mg_9074_by_danostergren-d8k8ue8.jpg

EOS 6D
135MM @F/2.5
1/1250th sec
ISO 400
_mg_9134_1_by_danostergren-d8k8ue5.jpg

EOS 6D
135MM @ F/2.5
1/1250th sec
ISO 400
_mg_9160_by_danostergren-d8k8ue3.jpg

EOS 5D MKI
135MM @ F/4
1/1250th sec
ISO 400
_mg_3118_1_by_danostergren-d8k8ufg.jpg

EOS 5D MKI
135MM @ F/4
1/4000 sec
ISO 800
_mg_3224_by_danostergren-d8k8ufw.jpg

Last edited:
I find myself mostly drawn to #1 & 4. #1 because its just incredbily well done model fashion shot. #4 because you have really upped your shadow game and
have made it a very dynamic expression.

The rest are also good, although I get a bit of a jumper vibe from #5.

I find myself mostly drawn to #1 & 4. #1 because its just incredbily well done model fashion shot. #4 because you have really upped your shadow game and
have made it a very dynamic expression.

The rest are also good, although I get a bit of a jumper vibe from #5.
Thank you.

I don't mind that you get a jumper vibe from the 5th shot. It's pretty obscure to begin with. When I look at it (and I understand this is a strange perception), I envision him as a dancer preparing for a stunt.

Last edited:
very nice, moody and original

Outstanding work Dan; #2 is without a doubt the best male fashion shot we've seen here in a LONG time. I love your use of light in #5, but for me the clothes aren't working; he needs to be wearing something more "normal" jeans and a t-shirt, or perhaps even shirtless, but as-is he looks like a ballet dancer

Edit: D'ohhh... I meant the clothes in #5!

Last edited:
Outstanding work Dan; #2 is without a doubt the best male fashion shot we've seen here in a LONG time. I love your use of light in #2, but for me the clothes aren't working; he needs to be wearing something more "normal" jeans and a t-shirt, or perhaps even shirtless, but as-is he looks like a ballet dancer

I agree, #2 is most outstanding.

Agree that #2 is great but #4 has that combination of great face and other-wordly elements that make it my favorite of this set.
I think #5 has the chance to be really a stunner but the presence of that off center grillle behind his legs puts too much of a real-life stamp on the image.
Without the grill and with very subdued colors I think this would be an all time winner.

2 for me...

Dan,

Have you found any differences in quality of the photos taken with 5dI and 6d, using the same lens? How do you decide to choose one over the other?

Thanks,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back