Niece

Rebekah5280

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took my Niece out scouting for locations to shoot her senior pictures. We came across this spot with the "cotton candy" sunset starting to happen. I kinda love this picture. I stayed away from my usual warming up process in post, and I think I like it.
Your thoughts?

$S - 15.jpg

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Nicely done; maybe just a touch hot hot on the fill, but you've done a nice job retaining the detail in the sky. I would suggest avoid having the subject turn their head quite so much however; if you'd turned her body about 15-20 toward the camera and a her head not quite so far, you would have eliminated those wrinkles on her neck. Agree that a tighter crop would help as well.

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Here's my version:

$S - 15 - Version 2.jpg

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Very pretty! I agree I'd like to see her filling the frame more.. or maybe less even? Feels like its caught somewhere in between being about the girl and about the scene or something.

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
Here's my take (cloned-out OOF grass in the foreground, high-pass sharpening, slight curves adjustment to bring out the blue a little more in the sky):

9527504130_0730edb0a7_b.jpg

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
The grasses in the foreground are part of the whole gestalt of the original composition, and cloning them out weakens the shot. I'd agree with tirediron's comment that the fill light is a tad too hot on her face. This could be cropped any number of ways. I think ronlane's crop looks the best of all I've seen here so far.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics