Night Photography CC

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First real attempt at night photography at City Park in New Orleans. When I say first attempt, I mean, actually planning on shooting at night with tripod and remote. Overall, I was really pleased with my product, just wanted to see what yall thought about them. I had issues shooting at things that were already lit, aka. palm trees pre lit. Either they were over or under exposed. Couldn't get the right settings to work for me and the mosquitoes were FEASTING on my legs (REMEMBER :Wear pants next time lol) Well, onto the pictures.

1. Lit fountains, wish the light source of the fountain wasn't blown out though :thumbdown:
4649546268_58bd5a4376_o.jpg

2. Another colored fountain.
4649546204_9c52e323e6_b.jpg

3. No color editing on this shot, the moss came out pink like this due to the night sky, pretty cool, so I left it :) The tracks are for a mini train for the 'amusement park' there.
4649546374_9dd51f2ebb_b.jpg

4. Mini Railroad's Crossing sign. Full size, kinda, not mini though.
4648928471_6770e2d858_b.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, what time were these taken?

Great photos...! I like the first two more.

Yeah, what time did you take these?
#2 looks like alot of sunlight in the background, its very bright, possibly the setting sun.
#3 the WB is off, plus with how the clouds look, I would say the sun was still out a little.

Haha, all shots were taken at night. I didn't leave to go shoot until 10:45 last night. All shots were taken between 10:45 and 1 AM. We have a lot of light 'pollution' since we are so close to downtown. That's possibly why the sky looks so well lit in the two fountain shots, as the city is behind it. The first two were shot at 1.8, 30 second exposure, could be another reason for the lighting.

#2 looks like alot of sunlight in the background, its very bright, possibly the setting sun.
#3 the WB is off, plus with how the clouds look, I would say the sun was still out a little.

#2, the sunlight "look" is because of a overblown street lamp through the trees.
#3, there aren't any clouds in the shot .... The pinkish hue is actually from the lights off of the moss.

One final bump for anything more before it drops off into internet obscurity lol.... I'm really happy with these shots, but haven't gotten the response I thought I would :(

I love the first shot. Composition, reflection subject it has allot going for it.

The others not so much. Not bad but the funky coloring is throwing me off.

I really like #3 for the composition and the color.

I'll be in NOLA in a month!!! YAY!!! Can't wait! Goin' to see family and just to do stuff. :D

^thanks Einstein and AnneRiceBowl (<~~such a NOLA type name, love it lol)

I love 3 and 4. 3 looks like there's pink stuff being showered everywhere. How'd you get that effect?

Metric, THANKS for your input, in the 3rd shot, the pink 'showering' is caused by the light from the sky and the moss from the trees. It was shot at 1.8, iso 200, and not sure how long I left the shutter open for. There wasn't any pp done to get those colors, it was like that straight out of the camera.

Most reactions

Back