Nikkor 28-200 f/3.5 AF D

SamSpade1941

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought one of these the other day off of eBay in an auction I was bidding on for a really good price. I had been wanting a zoom with a broad range such as this and to get it for less than $100 really was a great bonus. I was shocked at how much this lens weighs I swear it weighs as much as my D40. If it were not for the fact I put a battery grip on the camera the it would be awkward due to the weight of the lens. I do have to manual focus it since the the D40 does not have a focus motor but hopefully soon I will upgrade and that will no longer be an issue.

OMG this lens is super sharp and smooth focusing . Now to get me a camera that I do not have to manually focus it on.

Actually at this point it will probably be a D200 or a D2x since the prices have come down so much on them.

Prices are dropping quickly on the D300 and it is several orders of magnitude above the D200.

That is so very true, it is a step above the D2x for that matter , I am just not sure I can make that little bit of extra jump in finances to the D300. I have seen some D2x cameras lately selling in the $400 range.

Just a heads up, I paid $490 for a E rated D300 at Adorama just recently.

Most reactions

Back