Nikon 60mm 2.8G Micro you gotta try it

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon users - after a while now using the Nikon 60mm 2.8G Micro I felt compelled to share my thoughts of this lens and my love to it.
These are my personal thoughts and based only on my own unprofessional experience with this lens.
First for its main use is of course Macro, it does this job with exceptional merit, I use it all the way from product shots to insects shoot and loved the results but I admit if you want a lens that will do insects shoots better maybe the 105mm Micro would be better for you.
Portraits come out fabulous on my crop sensor D7100 camera, I don't know how good it will be on FF but on my DX body its pure pleasure, more then once I chose it over my Nikon 85mm 1.8G in portraits even though I got my 85mm especially for this purpose.
As a general use prime lens I am very happy with it, in very, very rare occasions it will hunt for a sec but even then it will lock on subject perfectly and as I said it doesn't happened a lot but more then the 85mm.

This lens does so many things so well that its almost a sin not to own it but the main reason I love, love, love this lens so much is because how sharp it is, even though I own it for a while I still get excited when I process the pictures this lens produces.

There I said it, I wanted to write this a long while ago and was always lazy but I did it :)

If you are looking for a Macro lens that does everything very well but you don't focus mostly on bugs then I highly recommend this lens.

I'm awaiting delivery on one myself....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back