Nikon D3100 or D90?

Get the D-90. Faster fps, has exp bracketing, flash bracketing, white balance bracketing. So many more white balance options, Alot better resolution on moniter almost 4 times better. Although if you into shooting video the 3100 is better but thats pretty much it.

It just got here! It has so many settings though.. I have no idea where to start. I'm guessing reading the manual would probably be a good idea?

Also, one more thing. Are refurbished cameras reliable? I found one on bhphotovideo.com and it is considerably cheaper than a new one. What are your guys' thoughts?
Yes. Refurbished cameras have been returned for whatever reason and gone over completely and rebuilt. I have a rebuilt camera body and I'll definitely make that choice again if I can!

It just got here! It has so many settings though.. I have no idea where to start. I'm guessing reading the manual would probably be a good idea?

Ken Rockwell has a pretty decent dummy guide to starting out with the D90. Combined with your manual it should give you a fair beginning to understanding what a LOT of that is.

I've had it for a bit now and am fairly familiar with the settings, but I can't for my life figure out what to take pictures of. I've taken some mediocre sunset shots, light painted, adn other random ****, but I honestly have no idea what to take pics of. Any help with inspiration?

Also, one more thing. Are refurbished cameras reliable? I found one on bhphotovideo.com and it is considerably cheaper than a new one. What are your guys' thoughts?
Yes. Refurbished cameras have been returned for whatever reason and gone over completely and rebuilt. I have a rebuilt camera body and I'll definitely make that choice again if I can!
Refurbished cameras have been gone over completely - inspection and checking all the calibrations wise, but they don't get rebuilt.

Any camera/lens/flash that has been returned because of a moderate or major problem, goes straight on the trash heap. It makes much more economic sense to write the gear off for tax purposes than it does to pay a tech to do much if any dis-assembly/repair/re-assembly just so it can be sold at substantially less profit than when it was new gear.
Repairing cosmetic issues is about as extensive as it gets in the way of repairs,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back