What's new

nikon d700 vs d7000

Who's to say the replacement won't be $3000? I'm thinking August will be when it happens. It's all speculation. All I know is that my D700 and (even older) D300 still kick ass.

Yeah, I saw that Keith, just now. $2200 ain't too bad.

Considering the MSRP price of a D7000 is roughly $200 more than a D90, I can't see the replacement for the D700 to be $3000+. I'm thinking the replacement will be around the same price as the D700 and maybe a little less considering the market these days.

With that being said 2200 for that is pretty decent.

Only non D700 user recommends waiting for a replacement. Ask any D700 owner and most of them will tell you they could care less when a replacement will come out.

FYI, the D700 was listed at $3000 when it came out. The "replacement" will NOT be cheaper.

if i had 8 wedding booked allready, with a 50% down payement. i would have gotten a d3/s allready

You have to keep in mind that not everyone understand all the technical aspects of photography. My wifes sister-in-law actually was paid $300 to shoot a wedding with a cheap point n shoot canon, it is pink and im sure t cost $100 or less... She's kind of a hillbilly (as my wife would say) :)
None of that makes her a wedding photographer.

I'm curious as why you would rather get a D3? Why spend $1500+ more on feature that doesn't really applied to his shooting. The D700 uses the exact same sensor as a D3. It has built in flash which is great for CLS system without the extra weight of a sb800/900. Do you really need 9fps for wedding?
 
A good friend of mine has a D7000 and by all means, it's one of the BEST DX sensor body out there. I've had a chance to shoot with it multiple times and my thought is; if you also shoot video then it's a great choice, especially for the money. But for strictly photography, there's still nothing out there that beats the D700 at that price range.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom