nikon d700 vs d7000

gagey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a d80 and a d90 but I really want to buy the d700 but since it is so much more expenisve I also like the d7000 but the problem I am having is I need a great wedding camera that has a really low noise. from what I am readin on reviews it seems like the d700 is a great wedding camera. But I also am reading the d7000 is suppose to be a good camera as well but I am wondering is the noise close to the d700? what is your opinion on both?

I have a d80 and a d90 but I really want to buy the d700 but since it is so much more expenisve I also like the d7000 but the problem I am having is I need a great wedding camera that has a really low noise. from what I am readin on reviews it seems like the d700 is a great wedding camera. But I also am reading the d7000 is suppose to be a good camera as well but I am wondering is the noise close to the d700? what is your opinion on both?

if money isnht an issue, get the d700. however for that kind of money i would look for a used D3.

but both the the d7000 and 700 are great iso performer and really close to each other.

if money isnht an issue, get the d700. however for that kind of money i would look for a used D3.

but both the the d7000 and 700 are great iso performer and really close to each other.

the d7000 is close to handleing noise like the d700? I really need low noise for receptions. I can buy the d700 but if I go with the cheaper I can buy more lenses as well. I guess it depends on if I want the better camera or more and better lenses.

the d7000 is close to handleing noise like the d700? I really need low noise for receptions. I can buy the d700 but if I go with the cheaper I can buy more lenses as well. I guess it depends on if I want the better camera or more and better lenses.

Also consider that the d700 is really close to being replaced by something else. its a great camera but i would wait to see whats the replacement looks like.

Test shows that they handle the noise pretty muich equal,

the only major difference was the d700s images are a little bit more sharp
at high iso settings but thats about it, there is plenty of reviews on google you might wanna check out before dumping 100s of dollard on a camera?

There's rather more to it than has been stated here. The D700 is a full-frame camera with the inherently better noise-handling capabilities of a larger sensor. As well, consider the build quality. Despite the improvements, the D7000 is still a consumer camera and not up to the rigors of profesional use. Remember, for the extra money you're getting a larger sensor, better high ISO performance, and superior build quality which includes a magnesium chasis instead of plastic, weather-sealing and better controls.

The D7000 is, by all accounts a great consumer body, but that's all it is.

Also consider that the d700 is really close to being replaced by something else. its a great camera but i would wait to see whats the replacement looks like.
Why? I've had my D700 for a couple of years now. I don't see any reason why it couldn't go on for several more. The technology isn't like dairy products and have a "best by date". Yeah, for sure the replacement will most likely be an improvement, but I won't upgrade. It's probably gonna be like my cars....... when the wheels fall off.

Why? I've had my D700 for a couple of years now. I don't see any reason why it couldn't go on for several more. The technology isn't like dairy products and have a "best by date". Yeah, for sure the replacement will most likely be an improvement, but I won't upgrade. It's probably gonna be like my cars....... when the wheels fall off.

It is true that if the d700 is doing a really good job right now, why it wouldnt do it in 5 years?
but i would hate to dump 2400 $ on a camera and 2 months after the replacement comes at 2600$. thats why.

There's rather more to it than has been stated here. The D700 is a full-frame camera with the inherently better noise-handling capabilities of a larger sensor. As well, consider the build quality. Despite the improvements, the D7000 is still a consumer camera and not up to the rigors of profesional use. Remember, for the extra money you're getting a larger sensor, better high ISO performance, and superior build quality which includes a magnesium chasis instead of plastic, weather-sealing and better controls.

I do like the fact that d700 is a full frame and that I probley should go for the full frame and the larger sensor period is better but I am having a hard time spending $2700 when I also want 5-7 new lenses as well. I do think I want the d700 more I was just thinking if I bought the cheaper camera I could buy more lenses...but in reality I need a great wedding camera my camera is just not cutting it!

It is true that if the d700 is doing a really good job right now, why it wouldnt do it in 5 years?
but i would hate to dump 2400 $ on a camera and 2 months after the replacement comes at 2600$. thats why.

that is what I am afraid of as soon as I buy it the newer better will come out for the same price. the only problem with waiting is my first wedding for this year is in march and I really would like to get a better one before then instead of waiting.

I would wait for a D700 replacement b4 buying specially when we know a replacement is coming within a few months.

It would suck to spend 2400 on a new body just to have the replacement at 2500-2600 with way better and newer technology. After-all the D7000 is almost to the level of a D700 for a much cheaper price and a ton of people are considering and getting the cheaper D7000 over the D700

I do like the fact that d700 is a full frame and that I probley should go for the full frame and the larger sensor period is better but I am having a hard time spending $2700 when I also want 5-7 new lenses as well. I do think I want the d700 more I was just thinking if I bought the cheaper camera I could buy more lenses...but in reality I need a great wedding camera my camera is just not cutting it!

that is what I am afraid of as soon as I buy it the newer better will come out for the same price. the only problem with waiting is my first wedding for this year is in march and I really would like to get a better one before then instead of waiting.

Rent one...

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Who's to say the replacement won't be $3000? I'm thinking August will be when it happens. It's all speculation. All I know is that my D700 and (even older) D300 still kick ass.

Yeah, I saw that Keith, just now. $2200 ain't too bad.

even if I wait I cant find anything what says when a new one will come out and I have 8 weddings already this year and am still getting more emails about more so I dont want to rent one when I really need one that is mine. I wish I new the exact realease date and how much soemthing was coming out.

Who's to say the replacement won't be $3000? I'm thinking August will be when it happens. It's all speculation. All I know is that my D700 and (even older) D300 still kick ass.

Yeah, I saw that Keith, just now. $2200 ain't too bad.

Considering the MSRP price of a D7000 is roughly $200 more than a D90, I can't see the replacement for the D700 to be $3000+. I'm thinking the replacement will be around the same price as the D700 and maybe a little less considering the market these days.

With that being said 2200 for that is pretty decent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back