Nikon F75 or Canon EOS 3000: help please.

njscollins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone.

Is my first post so thanks for reading. My problem is this: I got bought a Nikon F75 with a Nikkor 28-100m for a birthday a few years ago, and I loved it. It was my first SLR and so I learnt how to take photos with it. I subsequently upgraded to a DSLR and bought into the Canon system which meant that my Nikon was only used rarely, if ever, when i felt the desire to head back to film.

Was in a second-hand camera shop the other day and saw a dead-cheap Canon EOS 3000 with an EF 35-80mm lens. I'm currently looking to build up my lens collection, and since this was a full-frame lens, this was brilliant (one day I want to upgrade to a full-frame digital, so am reluctant to buy EFS lenses anymore). So, for dirt-cheap, I bought this camera that I didn't really need, but thought that I could use the lens on my DSLR at any rate, and vice versa, especially wiht my 28mm prime, which obviously doesn't amount to being very wide on my crop sensor 450D.

Anyhow, thought that I could now sell my Nikon, because I would use the Canon film camera instead of it, with much more versatility besides. That is, until, I saw the value of the Nikon F75 - it was a lot higher than I expected.

So now here's my dilemma: either i sell the Nikon or I don't. The way i see it is this:
Pros in selling - I get at least £100 according to my research, which can buy me the 50mm mk II that i dearly want. Moreover, I get to use that lens on either Canon camera.
Cons in selling - I lose out on a film camera that is better than the EOS 3000 (NB 3000, NOT 3000N or 3000V).

I'm not in the mood to be buying Nikkor lenses, so these two options are really the only ones that I am considering, and any suggestions/help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Sounds to me like you answered your own question.

You sell the Nikon if you want to continue with Canon gear.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back