Nikon FM10 help

blind1587

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok....so I am relatively new to the photography hobby/life and I currently starting a degree program in photography. I own a d7100, and recently purchased a Nikon FM10 for a class that I am starting. This may be a stupid question, but I cannot, for the life of me figure out how to get the light meter to turn on. I put the batteries in, and I get a red light when I press the shutter release button, but no light meter. Is there something I am missing/ Has anyone else had this problem?
I am new to film, so perhaps it is just because I am unfamiliar with the way film cameras operate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Does the meter NOT display until Frame 1 has been reached on the film counter? Some cameras do not meter when the frame counter is at Zero.

Thanks for the quick response!!

However, I do have the manual, as I just purchased the camera new. The manual states that once the batteries are inserted and you see the red light, the light meter should activate, but that is not the case in my situation.
Also, I have advanced the film past frame 1. Unsure what the solution/problem is.......

Thanks,
Brian

The red light IS the meter. Read the manual.

there is maybe one more trick. Never had this camera in hands, but I have Vivitar 2000, basically is the same body. When after advancing film you push the advance lever right to the body it will switch off all electrical functions of the camera. try to extend the lever right to the point when it starts to engage the film transport like shown in picture #5 of the manual (first page of the PDF).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back