Nikon vs. Canon: Opinions Please

Hmmmm, ok, thanks everyone! I will just have to make a decision. LOL It will probably end up being the Canon since the lenses are a higher quality IMO.
WHAT?
Nikon has some lenses I'd LOVE to put on my canons!

Hmmmm, ok, thanks everyone! I will just have to make a decision. LOL It will probably end up being the Canon since the lenses are a higher quality IMO.

I would have to say you are wrong! Are you trying to start a fight... with a statement like that, in a thread like this?

WHAT?
Nikon has some lenses I'd LOVE to put on my canons!

She shoots D3000.. and has probably never used a decent Nikon lens! ;) Maybe her "friend" has all L glass or something... lol!

This paid announcement has been brought to you by Sony Inc.

I shoot Nikon... and Hasselblad. But I wanted to make sure that the Sony people didn't get their mirrorless panties in a wad because it was all about Nikon and Canon.

Really it should be what you like. I like both Nikon and Canon, I believe they're really on the same level of owning the best dSLRs.
For my first SLR, i picked a Nikon. Why? Because playing with both Canon and Nikon cameras, I preferred Nikon because it seemed a little more user friendly to someone whose never owned an SLR. I have nothing against Canon, but they seemed slightly more sophisticated. I can see myself owning one of each in the future.
So, you've had an SLR, so you're used to them. What makes you want a new camera? Not necessarily because it's a Canon, but a NEW one. Do you want or need this item?
Remember, cameras are tools that make our jobs easier. Fancy gadgets and etc. to help us get the final product we want. Will a new camera help you get the photos you want?
I'm not trying to discourage you from getting one, but these are things to think about. :)
Hope this helps! Goodluck.

You are asking about Canon or Nikon camera bodies, but seem to think you have a good handle on the differences in Canon or Nikon lens quality?

What do you base you opinion on? How many quality (or not so quality) Nikon and Canon lenses have you used as a basis for your opinion?

Although it's an old question and almost impossible to answer, I'll still try to write something that makes some sense.

I believe they are equivalent overall, but there are indeed differences.

1) Nikon sensors have better high ISO performance, Canon sensors have better colors
2) Nikon exposure programs (if you shoot A or T or P) are more "generous" (e.g. sometimes give 1/3 of stop more), which makes point 1 even more visible
3) Regarding telephotos: in the mid-price range (1,000-5,000 USD), Canon has many recent models, while Nikon has fewer older models.

Ciao!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back