Nikon vs. Canon

IS THAT REALLY TOM C? WOW .. he got old :p

would like to see photos taken by him ;) ... then we could maybe laugh .. or maybe not! you never know!

I have a nikon 6006 (F-601). I'm relatively new to photography and this works fine for me. I know i'm barely scratching the surface with what i now about this piece of equipment, but it takes very good quality pictures for both portraits and snapshots.

Just go buy what YOU want, not what a salesman wants you to buy.

Opinions are great, and this is a great place for getting advice... but Canon vs. Nikon isn't ever going to get you anywhere.

I work with newspapers... they're split about 1/2 and 1/2. Some papers are Nikon papers, some are Canon papers. Every newspaper photog I've ever talked to loves his or her equipment no matter who makes it.

Go buy what you want.

Shoot lots of photos.

Be happy.

:wink:

- Dewey

I have no idea about current canons but when I was making the choice back when it was about film I went with nikon because I wanted 2 dial wheels to adjust apature and shutter speed instead of just the 1 found on canon =) So since I had nikon lens I kept with nikon. There are some functions I like on canon but I also like nikons. So just figure out which fits your hand better and you will be set. (or just buy BOTH! :greenpbl:)

Bah....the sony alpha 100 owns all camera bodys in its price range.
sorry im a firm lover i like it more than my d200 soooo yeah.

Kodak. Second choice would be a Polaroid.

Geeze. What a question to ask ...

It's like, "Blonde or Brunette?"

Either way you're going to be spending lots more money.

Nikon has pretty much just upgraded the same system - making wide angle dx lenses etc means they plan on NOT going full frame.

so, as many people on this thread have said, they are about the same, or that both are good enough. thats just on the performance end of current models. what about the economical end? what about the customer service end? is nikokn as financially stable as canon? who is improving?
Where to begin. While yes most of Nikons line is cropped sensors, they did make their first Full Frame, the D3 while yes expensive, it is blowing the higher end Canons away in high ISO performance. Plus you can swithch the sensor from full frame to cropped, there by being able to use all of thei lenses. As I see it Nikon will trickle down the full frame, maybe not at a pace fast enough for some but, it will happen.
And are you saying Nikons' customer service is bad? I have not found that to be the case. Are you saying Nikon is not improving? I beg to differ there as well. Please do go Canon because, I have heard some complaints on their service from owners on other forums. Granted I have heard some from Nikon owners too but, I have never been anything but satisfied.
My advice is to the OP and, hold whatever cameras you are considering and, buy the one that feels best. I would take the D300 over the D200 myself.

i look for a lot of advise in this topic before buying my canon and it all depends of what each individuals prefer... i just want to say that i bought a canon because there isn't any nikon service in puerto rico while canon have...

Most reactions

Back