NO EDITING

birdman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi I'm Paul and new to this site and photography. Anyway HI.
So how many people edit there work before posting? I bet most.
So how about doing some photos without any editing afterword?
Like people, fast action, landscape and BW, or something you would like to do but without editing. Just you, the camera, and your skill as a photographer.
Just raw talent as you know how.
Let your skills do the talking.

How about these three? All straight out of the camera:

zoo_0792.jpg

MistyMondayMorning.jpg

DSC_1495.jpg

What do you consider editing? Every photo goes thru some sort of post processing. If you take a photo in JPG the camera is gonna apply some processing to the photo. Even in film development there is processing during the development.

Here's a few of what I think are my best with no editing. Not even a crop.

3131467270_1683e24774_b.jpg

3024481697_ebc748898f_b.jpg

2859281971_fa945bbba7_b.jpg

Some very nice work there. Keep it coming. No editing means nothing on the computer just straight out your camera and post. I think with just useing your skills as a photographer you get more out of it. On top of that other people can learn from it more. With editing you can realy do anything with your work and its just not the same.
Anyone can turn a crap picture into something worth looking at.

Use yor skill not the computer
Great work people

Seems to be a popular topic lately.

For an example of just how much editing is happening 'in camera' try out one of the neutral picture styles!

I would say 3% of my shots are not adjusted in PS. The most common 'mistake' - using that term loosely, is the over-saturation of images. Curves, levels, contrast can all add saturation to a shot and I think it is up to the editor to keep values in range - or not. What is good for me might just kill another's eye.

-Shea

Stsinner, I love the simple beauty of that composition. I can really feel the water in that shot. Good work.

Curves, levels, contrast can all add saturation to a shot
Just going to throw my 2 cents in here. You can make levels and curves not affect your saturation by setting their layer to luminosity. My levels layers are ALWAYS set to this.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I'll add a photo to this. Here's my wide angle university shot with zero editing:

3177598632_eefe69e040_o.jpg

You can see what I did to it here. I had to do some photoshopping to get those nasty lens flares out and the water droplets off of the lens

Last edited:
I wanna play- Should I just drop a 70 meg .tif in here?

We would all love you if you did that. I can imagine the phonecall I'd get from Shaw Cable as I'm loading this thread "You've exceeded your monthly bandwidth cap within 30 seconds! What are you doing?!"

Most reactions

Back