no feathers this time

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Word of my photography is getting around town, and I have been invited to set up a display of my work at the Annual Blossom Festival here in Niagara. Our farmland here is well known for its fruit production, and the Niagara Fruit Institute is putting on a show. They want my bird pics up on display, and for sale, and they are asking me to do some blossom photography to produce posters for the event.

I went out last night to do some preliminary work, to find out what they might like.. here goes!

DSC_4274editsml2.jpg

DSC_4280editsml.jpg

DSC_4300editsml.jpg

DSC_4304editsml.jpg

DSC_4324editsml.jpg

websz0560.jpg

websz0561.jpg

websz0563.jpg

websz0565.jpg

It was a bit breezy when we went out in the orchards, and no tripod this time, so the quality isn't great IMO.. But any help or suggestions would be cool.

These are great Raymond ! Congrats man, of course they love your work there... we love it here !

Wow these are great.... Question!

What were your settings to gethe background in such a blur? Usually when I do it the background is still noticable, but blury where yours here you cant even tell much of whats there...

HUGE Congrats to you as well!!

Thanks

Congrats on the show man. You deserve this buddy. Your shots are killer, and Im 110% sure your work will be brilliant there. Good luck Sir Raymond. !!!

You have some amazing shots here. Nicely done. !!!

great job raymond these are real nice :thumbup:

great shots Ray, that's exciting about the show too.

CONGRATS Raymond! That's great news for you. I really like what you've come up with here... NFI will be pleased no doubt

Why are all your shots so good? Do you have some sort of mystical power?

Congrats, your accolades are well deserved. :thumbsup:

Congrats, Raymond! :thumbup: I have no doubt you'll do well at this show.

I'm not surprised you are starting to become known, you have always done beautiful work. :) I bet you sell a ton! woo hoo!

Could you not tell them you know someone with a super collection of fruit tree blossoms in Germany, and could she please join her photos in on their exhibition?
Ah, you haven't seen my fruit tree blossom pics as yet?
Well, I should put them up then, shouldn't I?

Why doesn't ever anyone ask me to show my pics? :cry:

Must be because only yours are this good!
I am sure they will love the poster they'll make from one of them!!!
And everyone will just rave over your photos at the show!

Raymond J Barlow said:
But any help or suggestions would be cool.

I think these look good, however I do have a suggestion for you. The first one would be to use a reflector so you do not have high contrasty shadows. The Translucent ones sold by Photoflex are fantastic and work very nicely. If you have a helper or two have one hold one between the light source and the flower, and then have another helper hold a gold or silver reflector so that light bounces back on the flower.

94279743_46d2356690_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back