No ignore for Mod?

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
Anyhoo, there are tons of mods around here, so what if one just drives ya nuts? There is no way to put him/her on ignore.
I could understand it more if he/she were the only way to get a message through to us.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Most forum software systems won't allow the ignore feature to work on mods or admins. That way the mods can make announcements that everyone can see. :)

So I guess I'm stuck with the button pushing.
I'll just have to learn to close my eyes and stroll past I guess.
The ignore is sooooo cool though. :)

Yes, i think an admin ignore would lead to great confusion in the end. While it might be convenient for a member in some cases, it means a tremendeous increase in workload for the admins.

After a couple of weeks, lots of members would have their favourite admins they listen to, and only those would be able to speak to them. In other words admins would more or less adopt a group of members and would not be responsibel for all members and share the workload depending on times of presence. This would only work if we had at least 5 times more admins then we actually do have.

So I guess I'm stuck with the button pushing.
I'll just have to learn to close my eyes and stroll past I guess.
The ignore is sooooo cool though. :)

There are a few on my list.
I'm afraid that Mods can act like fools just like the rest of us.
If you see a post by someone you don't like just avert your gaze and move on to the next one.
And never ever fall prey to temptation*.

*Except with me but I know it's a vain hope :lol:

That's my plan Hertz, but you know me.......
I'm trying to be on my best behavior.
Most of the admin around here are BEYOND wonderful and helpful.
Only one is a bone of contention with me. :)
But no big deal I guess. I was looking for the easy way out.
You can't have that in the real life, so I guess I can't really expect that in the virtual world.
What did Santa bring you Hertz?

On my christmas wish, is the Super Ignore Button. This button would work like this...

Say...Jackflash(made up name) is being a moron. You want to put him on ignore, but others can still see his posts, and reply to him, unless they have him on ignore. This Super Ignore Button, would allow whoever creates the thread to block who can view it. So...say..I create my favorite darkside thread, and put Jackflash on ignore...he will reply, but nobody else would be able to see his post.
One reason, I asked Santa for the Super Ignore Button, is I have seen numorous threads go down the dumper cause others start fighting on a hijacked thread. It was mostly the same people all the time. With the Super Ignore button, these fights could be avoided.
Basically , if I dont want see any of Jackflashes posts, I dont want anyone else to see his reply on my threads either.

Hope this makes sense. :lmao::lmao:

Also...can we have a favorite smilies set up. My smilies are forever changing. I know there is a switch that can have each member select the smilies he/she constantly uses. :sexywink::sexywink:

Oh, I want the Super Ignore too Chiller!!!!!!
BTW, your new avatar is Freakishly Lovely!!!!! My kind of Santa!

having the ignore button in work would be fun. lol

Oh, I want the Super Ignore too Chiller!!!!!!
BTW, your new avatar is Freakishly Lovely!!!!! My kind of Santa!

Thanks chicky. :hug:: I am pretty sure it is possible, but not sure how it can be set up.
I just find that a lot of the inner fights are created, not by the original poster, but the few thugs that are running around bashing each other. This way, the thread creater can control what is going on in their thread as well.
Just a thought, but I know I would be posting a lot more images, cause my ignore list is gonna be too long. :lol::lol:

Screw the haters Chiller. Post away! You have a LOT of fans!
I hear ya though on the other stuff for sure.
I haven't been the best in the past, but a few times, or more than a few times, the button pushers had it coming.
Anyhoo, on the lighter side, I'd love to never see the button pushers ever again. :)
But hey, wouldn't we all?
It just sucks when a button pusher is a mod that you can't seem to escape from......

Screw the haters Chiller. Post away! You have a LOT of fans!
I hear ya though on the other stuff for sure.
I haven't been the best in the past, but a few times, or more than a few times, the button pushers had it coming.
Anyhoo, on the lighter side, I'd love to never see the button pushers ever again. :)
But hey, wouldn't we all?
It just sucks when a button pusher is a mod that you can't seem to escape from......

Most reactions

Back