No Loitering...An HDR by NJ

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is my latest HDR. Obviously, there's no loitering here, so keep on moving...Actually, you dont need to move on, you can comment. ;-) C&C always welcome as usual. Thanks for looking! :)

no_loitering_websave.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

NJMAN

Great job. Would you post some detail on the process

You're funny. That's neat, and a cool tattoo! I would also like to know what goes into the HDR? I dont even know where to start! Nice colors!

Ahhhh, yet another excellent job on the HDR NJ.

This is probably one of my favourites as I really like the sharpness here. The no loitering sign is very sharp and I would have expected it to soften in the HDR process but then I am not knowledgeable in HDR's although I would like to be someday.

I believe I will add Photomatix to the list of new equipment I am going to purchase soon.

Great job NJ. :)

You just keep getting better at this NJ, very cool!!

NJMAN

Great job. Would you post some detail on the process

Hi cpd23,
As I've mentioned in previous posts, my process is a bit different each time. Regarding the merge to hdr and tone mapping, its pretty standard. I take 3 exposures with auto exposure bracketing on the camera. They are all separated by 2 stops. -2 is underexposed, 0 is correctly exposed, and +2 is overexposed. Then I use Photomatix to merge the 3 together, and do the tone mapping. It depends on the scene, so in this particular scene, I just played with the Illumination, Strength, Light Smoothing, and Gamma controls, until it looks like what I want. I like pushing the surreal aspect of it. Then when I save the file, I take it into PS and do some more tweaking with Levels, Curves, Hue/Saturation, Contrast/Brightness, Unsharp Mask, and a few others depending on how I want the final product to look. I wish I could tell you all the steps, but honestly, I remember what they are all because I didn't record them. If I do an HDR again, Im sure the process will be slightly different. Hope this helps. Thanks for asking, and thanks very much for the kind words! I really appreciate it. :)

You're funny. That's neat, and a cool tattoo! I would also like to know what goes into the HDR? I dont even know where to start! Nice colors!

Thanks kathi! Your comments are very much appreciated as always. :)

Thats awesome!

Thank you sweetsomedays!

Ahhhh, yet another excellent job on the HDR NJ.

This is probably one of my favourites as I really like the sharpness here. The no loitering sign is very sharp and I would have expected it to soften in the HDR process but then I am not knowledgeable in HDR's although I would like to be someday.

I believe I will add Photomatix to the list of new equipment I am going to purchase soon.

Great job NJ. :)

Thanks Caper! Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

You just keep getting better at this NJ, very cool!!

Thank you heip. I always appreciate your nice comments! :)

Very nice! For some reason, it reminds me of one of those airbrush paintings.

That's really cool. I think I saw this photo in another thread, and I could not figure out how it was done. I had never heard of the HDR process until I joined this forum.

It looks like a cross between a Norman Rockwell painting and a photograph.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back