No new canon 5D to be made

LOL, usayit, I share your D dislike. Almost as tired as when everything in the 90s started with "e" - like eToys, eCompanies, etc blah. Soon we'll be getting over "i" - iPod, iPhone, etc.

I remember the 80s, when cool words started with X and Z.

I think we'll go "g" next - for green.

I think each camera in the lineup should have clear intention/purpose. 1dsMIII -> high resolution studio. 1dMII -> sports photographer. 5d (assuming they keep it) should the equiv of the EOS 3. 40D -> enthusiast. thinking Elan7 equiv. Rebel -> student. Even then, I don't know where the "new" camera would fit. I think Canon's model numbering is also horrid.

100% agreed. I can't wait to see what happens when they run out of numbers. I think they got it right with the 1D series, with different Mark numbers (MI, MII, MII, etc). I'm really hoping they'll released the new 5D as the 5D MkII, rather than 7D or something.

I also agree on the lineup. They need to dump the XT and the XTi, and really the 30D shouldn't be far off from being discontinued. But I suppose if the cameras are still making money, Canon's in no hurry to discontinue them.

I'm just looking for something between the 40D and the 1D (in about 2-3 years). I want the pro-quality, a full-frame sensor, and I don't want to pay the price for a 1D. I don't care what it's called.

And yeah, I don't believe this rumor. I'll believe it when something official is stated. It's the same thing with Apple -- unless the "rumor" is fairly well corroborated by other sources and it makes sense in light of past update history, then I'll believe it. Otherwise it's just speculation as far as I'm concerned.

Most reactions

Back