Noob but quick learner.....from VA

panzerman1984

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey whats up everyone? My name is Bill from VA, originally from MA. I have recently bought my first DSLR, a Canon Rebel T3i w/ kit lens. Only had it for about 3 weeks now. So far have picked up the EF 50mm f1.8 and am getting used to maunal modes.

Still learning Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO settings, but am getting the hang of it. Not scared to try new things, or jump right into testing out the manual modes....so I am really looking forward to learning from the forum members! I am particularly interested in figuring out what the best settings are in different environments / situations.

Outside of this new hobby, I collect US, Russian, and German ww2 relics. I consider myself an ever- learning amatuer historian...specializing in German ww2 photos and portraits. I am a Moderator of a ww2 forum and moderate the German Photos and Documents section. (no, Im not a ridiculous neo-nazi or anything, my goal is to preserve history! Purely non-political interests)

Going to go look around, and look forward to sitting back and learning for a while and learn from the more experienced!

-Bill

Welcome to the forum, Bill! We're happy to have you on board. The more you learn about photography the more you'll appreciate some of those old WWII portraits and photos, they can be amazing. :) Have fun!!

Thanks for the welcome Terri! Youre riight about that. Nice website too BTW

Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard.

Awesome, thanks alot KmH! I have been spending some time on the good ol' youtube tutorials as well. Went out today for practicing outdoor shots, and find myself more attracted to using the "P" mode where you can adjust shutter and Aperture settings, as well as ISO. Still need to put in more time tho, of course!

Thanks again to all who have stopped in to welcome. Seems like a nice forum so far

Welcome Bill. Nice to have you here.

Hello and welcome to the forum Bill!

Welcome, Bill.
I'm from Massachusetts myself, spent the first 11 in Boston and then Framingham until college (also in Massachusetts).
I've lived in Maryland for an unfortunately long time.

Welcome, Bill.
I'm from Massachusetts myself, spent the first 11 in Boston and then Framingham until college (also in Massachusetts).
I've lived in Maryland for an unfortunately long time.

Haha I know, I dislike it here in VA as well. I wish I was "home". Been here for 5 years now. I grew up in Walpole, and then moved to the Cape (town of Sandwich) where I went to High School, community college etc. The only reason I moved here was to be close to family.

Really glad I found this site. and thanks to the others who recently stopped in to say hello too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back